YZ 250F 2008 fork + shock on a YZ 125 2010?

Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me if the YZ 250F 2008 forks with triple clamps and the rear shock will fit to a YZ 125 2010?

Did someone do it?

I am asking becouse I have send my YZ 125 2010 suspension for a revalve and after the revalve I am not 100% happy with the performance. It's better at bottoming and on small bumps but it's sux on the big square edges. I ride motocross mainly on hard pack + intermediate tracks.

I can buy a used suspension from a YZ 250F 2008 and send it to another tuner for a revalve or try it in the stock form or make the revalve by myself.

I don't know what to do get a better setup and have fun on my smoker :(

Edited by ecikmx

AFAIK the rear shock will not fit due to the four stroke swingarm being different.

The forks will though. 

I would contact whoever did the revalve and ask them for advice. No sense in paying for a revalve and not being able to use it.

The fork should be a straight swap. I have read that the F fork may be a little shorter, but that is not a problem if you set-up your bike carefully.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2010/YZ125+-+YZ125Z/FRONT+FORK/parts.html

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2008/YZ250F+-+YZ250FXW/FRONT+FORK/parts.html

Good luck, and keep us updated with what you find. :thumbsup:

hmm I thought that the rear shock will fit :) I was more concerned about the forks.

Physical fitment or not,

another consideration is the 250F internal valving and spring rates will be stiffer than on the lighter 125.

The stock valve stacks for the 2006 YZ125 are listed in a TT forum sticky,

the front and rear spring rates for a 2010 YZ125 are .42kg/mm and 4.7kg/mm

and from my experience about right for a 150-160 lbs rider (68-72 kg).

Edited by mlatour

4 hours ago, ecikmx said:

hmm I thought that the rear shock will fit  I was more concerned about the forks.

Forks will definitely swap; as far as I know, the four-stroke swingarm is different from the two-stroke lineup.

the swingarm of the 4 strokes changed in 2010, in 2009 the used a larger rear axle but the linkage was the same as the 08 and earlier(plastic caps on the side off the swingarm). 

The rear shock should fit on a 2 stroke

Both fit 

I have put 2009 250f fork and shock on a 2006.

swing arm is different on 2009 but rising rate was the same. 2008 the swing arm is the same as 2010 as far as I know 

I could be wrong and im sure someone will goto great lengths to prove so but I saw no difference 

• Like 2

Thank You very much for the info.

I have rode yesterday and I have to say that after adjusting some click (faster rebound on the rear especially) the suspension feels better.

I have moved the forks down in the clamps and it is better and more stable.

I will stick with my suspension and just fine tune it more. If I don't get where it should be I will write again on the suspension forum :)

• Like 2