Any experience with poeton-aptec?

Hello guys!Whats your reviews for that company ??

Before one month i had sent my cylinder to aptec for rebore and plating.Still i dont have any update about their progress or anything they dont reply to my emails and they dont even send me their bank details so i can pay them... I find their customer support very very bad.

But what about their apticote ceramic 2000 is it any good?

Plating is a batch process, they wait until there is enough items to plate/coat.  Otherwise it is not cost effective in terms of electricity and chemicals to run a small quantity in a large tank.  I used to make custom or modified parts that required hard chrome plating.  Techplate in Santa Ana is an aerospace certified plating house.  It could be several days to 2 month turn around.  Because they are the best, we were willing to wait and pay a bit more.  I've dealt with bumper chrome plating shops, never again. 

I guess im unlucky then :( .But still dont understand why they dont let me know that this will take some time...I feel sad about my bike that broke mid summer.Something inside me tells me i should have gone for 470 kit instead of boring my athena cylinder

You didn't say anything about reboring the cylinder, there's another delay.  Hope you gave them the piston.

Yes and that is why I only use Langcourt now for my cylinders

We use Poeton for PTFE coatings where I work, and they are nothing but trouble

Edited by GuyGraham

well i didnt had the piston at that time i send them only the cylinder, piston code, piston size , bore clearance. Im sure they wont have problem with this.

The reason i sent to aptec was that langcourt told me "they dont serve individual customers in europe" !!! I didnt knew any alternative in europe with reasonable prices