Looking for a super moto! Dot want to buy a POS

Hey all

Here comes he age old question, what to get?! I'm 19 and I just finished my California motorcycle safety course, I've been riding dirt bikes ever since I could walk so it's about time I get my license haha. Anyway I'm itching to buy my first bike. Been looking around and reading up on some bike from various forums and came to the conclusion that I'm looking for a super moto style bike.

Was looking into DRZ's and converted Honda's but wanted to get some opinions. Want to stay away from bikes that require loads of maintenance since I am in college and don't have access to my garage anymore. I can do some things as I do have my tools but probably can't do complete tear downs.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Even if it's outside SM's I'm sure 90% of you on here have more street experience than I. Thanks in advance

Might be worth mentioning- I'm 6'1" and 180lbs

DRZ400SM Then pricing goes up for a KTM/Aprillia/Ducati

I'm heavily considering the drz400sm but I'm concerned about its ability on the high way, I commute a lot and would definitely be using the bike for commuting to school/work/etc.

I suppose I could swap some sprockets so the gearing is better for highway but I don't want to ring the bikes neck and have motor issues down the road if it's not suited for 65-70+ mph

A stock DRZ 400SM will do 65~70 no problem. They top out at an honest 89/90. Take a 400SM, upgrade the carb to a FCR39, change the final drive from a 15/41 to a 16/41 and will loaf along at 65 and run over 95. They are durable and have a massive, inexpensive aftermarket.

• Like 1