Honda CR250 whomping Noise bike runs fine not sure if noise is normal

Hey Guys Ima try and load a video of this noise I only hear at top end speeds sounds like a whomping noise over and over again. The bike runs great but I did buy it used and the guy didn't know when the top end was rebuilt so I just bought a new weisco light piston. It's JD jetted and new air filter. So yeah bike sounds normal or as normal as a 03 CR250 would not like YZ I own. But the bike rips even low Rpms it sounds like a 2 smoker once I hit the powerband it's like a whomping sound. I'll try and load video. Well couldn't get the iPhone to transfer videos so I guess I'll have to load it from computer. Idk wouldn't it be the same.  Ok so didn't work on computer either. Hr the gas your head whomp whomp whomp whomp gradually getting faster and faster. Sounds weird but don't have that dirtbike sound at all. Bike rips and getting new top end this week. Any help would be awesome I basically went into her not having any idea what a Honda CR250 sounds like or anything. Have a Yamaha as well sounds way different. But all is new other then the top end which is being delivered somewhere in the USA to me as we speak. Thank you

On 8/7/2017 at 6:58 PM, dankwheelies said:

Upload your video to youtube and tell us the name of the video. Then I'm sure somebody could help. :thumbsup:

yerp dude that's the noise I have no clue wtf it is. But I  just bought a top end rebuild kit weisco and two new air filters change the oil every ride(tranny) I use around 40:1 but ride dunes this was a track day. The bikes been taken care of for sure since I owned it. Just wanna know wtf that noise is. Lol it makes a great laugh and conversation starter tho. 😂😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, DirtyPantalons said:

yerp dude that's the noise I have no clue wtf it is. But I  just bought a top end rebuild kit weisco and two new air filters change the oil every ride(tranny) I use around 40:1 but ride dunes this was a track day. The bikes been taken care of for sure since I owned it. Just wanna know wtf that noise is. Lol it makes a great laugh and conversation starter tho. 😂😂😂😂😂

That doesnt sound normal to me. It sounds like its hanging up somewhere, like a faulty bearing or something. But I am certainly no expert. I would wait until somebody with a lot of experience gives their thoughts.

does it make the same noise on a flat smooth straight run, sounds like twitchy wrist to me , like when I'm take the 500 down some big woops or should I say Whomps.  BUt seriously a flat smooth hard run on video would be more useful.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ramjetV8 said:

does it make the same noise on a flat smooth straight run, sounds like twitchy wrist to me , like when I'm take the 500 down some big woops or should I say Whomps.  BUt seriously a flat smooth hard run on video would be more useful.

Dude it makes that sound anywhere. I'll do that I hope it's something dumb but who knows I just received the top end so this weekend will be all new parts installed. Someone said packing at my job I'm doubting that but willing to try anything but I got you on a video Sunday or Monday homie. 

The sound was a &%$#@!ing Gasket that was not tightened enough. When I did the top end. Everything was perfect I mean perfect honed out nice and everything was perfect can't explain any better. Yeah whoever did a topend before I did sucked and left a gasket pretty loose to hear that whomp. But figured it out and now she ripps better then before. Also everything was great nothing loose corroded or anything thanks everyone for the help. Greatly appreciated 

• Like 1