Tiger Tanker & Iceman cometh: Norcal (9/27-10/4)

"Business Partner", aka Iceman and I are coming down to Tahoe, then off to Bishop. We'll be coming down from some part of the Oregon Cascades after a couple days of riding. 

Was thinking of doing the Lake Tahoe area on the 28th and 29th after spending the night in a Hotel or Motel in Tahoe area. Hoping to get some guidance on where to stay, and where to ride. Happy to have a guide/company. Ice is a bit better than I am, not expert riders but solid advanced with a ton of experience with mountain singletrack.

On the 30th, we'll hit the road for Bishop, which I fell in love with last Spring, and hit the trails there and around Yosemite on the 1st-3rd. We head out on the 4th.

Thinking of camping on the 30th and the 1st, getting a Hotel or Motel on the 2nd or 3rd.

Definitely wanna see some of you Donkey People come up and ride with us! Advice on this part of the journey etc, very welcome!

598394cc99fca_naches134.JPG.3f0b25d9f8f2f1e6397d58fc9ce8e0ad.JPG

Just now, The Anvil said:

Early October bishop ride sounds fun

Knowing what the mountains up here are like that time of the year, it's got to be literally stupidly beautiful with perfect temps.... and beer.....beer time....Octoberfest in Bishop???

• Like 1

I know a 2 hour loop in truckee, nothing worth a single trip for, but eldorado650 is the sierras guide. Strawberry up to Horse canyon may be the call its more near Tahoe

there is lots high desert in NorNev too . Moonrocks, pinenuts. all within 2 hours from south tahoe

I was under the impression the Tahoe area had killer single track?

I'm looking for 50-100 mile loops that border wilderness and are challenging without being extreme enduro 1 mile per hour stuff. 

My foot is about 75 percent and healing pretty quick. Two months from now I'll be 100 percent on the bike.

i did 200 miles on 7/8 up here that included a midnight cliff ride, 17 hr ride day with only a beer and pizza break. Stamina is there....bring me the horizon!

I am Tyler's sense of sand running through an hour glass...

You girls gonna ride with me in the mountains or just play in that &%$#@! sand box near appleville?

Hit me....  seriously... hit me

IMG_1802.PNG

Edited by TigerTanker