xr650r needs to be rescued

I am shopping for 2stroke motorcross bike.   A residence I went to in SoCal today to look at one (I passed on it) also had a XR650R tucked away in the back corner of the garage.   Owner said it doesn't run, lost compression, been sitting.   He said it was on craigslist for awhile recently with no bites.   Just thought I would let you all know, he offered it up to me for $600.   If anybody is interested I have a phone number and first name of the guy.    I know nothing else about the bike.

Moderators, If this is against forum rules, please delete or move to proper forum.   I am not connected to the guy, not the owner of the bike.  Have absolutely zero vested interest in the bike.   Just thought I would pass along information if any enthusiasts of this model need a parts bike, or have the desire to rescue the bike.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hollerhead said:

Are you coming to South Carolina anytime soon? :smirk:

Or Australia - what a waste    :cry:

• Like 1

So let me ask those knowledgeable about this particular model bike:  are parts hard enough to come by that parting out such a bike would help keep others on the road and running?  Or is that sacrilege, parts are plentiful, and the bikes are scarce---best to rescue this model and restore it to its former glory?

Part out? Etc? A running xr650r motor is damn near worth the cost of a whole bike. Where in so cal is it? I'm in Anaheim, might pick it up to rebuild the motor with some upgrades and swap it with my stock motor.

2 hours ago, Vanillagurilla said:

Part out? Etc? A running xr650r motor is damn near worth the cost of a whole bike. Where in so cal is it? I'm in Anaheim, might pick it up to rebuild the motor with some upgrades and swap it with my stock motor.

I'll send you a PM with guys' name and number.   He's in Chino.   60 FWY at Central, roughly.

7 hours ago, quickshoe said:

I'll send you a PM with guys' name and number.   He's in Chino.   60 FWY at Central, roughly.

Thank you, that's not far from me at all.

• Like 1

Well if there wasn't 6321 metric tons of crap in his garage under tarps and empty coors light beer cans maybe I would have known better.....sorry.   Feel free to delete the thread.