Kali helmet owners???

Can any of you Kali owners help me out? My Klim F4 is due for replacement and have narrowed my search down to the Klim F3 and the Kali Shiva 2.0 (non-carbon). I really like the small size, lightweight, and the more high tech approach to head protection.

So, can any one compare the fit to the Klim? I really don't have any experience with anything other than the F4 over the last 5+ years. I normally wear a medium in Klim but it seems like in Kali my size is split over their medium and small sizes. Does the Kali fit the same head shape as the Klim? How good is the ventilation, again, compared to the Klim F3 or F4?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by SS109

I'm not sure too many people have it, but it definitely has my interest! Did you see the warranty on them? They also seem priced fairly for the helmet.

2 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

I was interested in this helmet. I couldn't find one to try it on. 

Same here. Three dealers in town and not a one carries their full face helmets.

47 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I'm curious why their only certification is DOT.

I do like their elbow and knee protection, though.

Their not only DOT. However, DOT is good enough for me.

CERTIFICATION: DOT, ASTM F1952, ASTM 2032, ASTM F2040, CPSC, EN 1078

19 minutes ago, Charles De Mar said:

I really would like to try Airoh at some point also, and that is a great price on the Aviator, but I found a really good deal on the Kali. I might just go ahead and buy the Kali. If I don't like it I'm sure I can find someone who will!

1 minute ago, SS109 said:

Same here. Three dealers in town and not a one carries their full face helmets.

Their not only DOT. However, DOT is good enough for me.

I really would like to try Airoh at some point also, and that is a great price on the Aviator, but I found a really good deal on the Kali. I might just go ahead and buy the Kali. If I don't like it I'm sure I can find someone who will!

Can't return it?

That 's really weird.  When I was on their website an hour ago the only cert it showed is DOT, now it has all the others.  Maybe the page didn't load properly.

I went ahead and ordered it. $209 shipped isn't a bad price and well worth the risk of not liking it or not fitting my head shape. I might do a review once I get it if it fits well.

I bought a Shiva 2, non carbon also. The weight is why I bought it as I was getting considerable neck strain in my LS2 helmet that weighs 1564 grams. The Shiva 2 is advertised at 1190 grams and of course the real world weight is well over at 1260 grams. Why can't companies just advertise the actual weight instead of trying to be clever. It even has sticker on it saying it weighs 1050g's +30g which must be for the Carbon version. However that 1260g's is 2.77 lbs and is the lightest helmet I could find and $199 is pretty hard to beat. I measured my head and was 58.1 cm which puts me right at the far end of medium with the large starting at 59cm, so I got medium. It is quite difficult to get over my ears (which are small), but once it's on it appears to fit pretty much perfectly. Hopefully the break-in will ease the putting on/taking off.

Kali2.jpg

Kali1.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ScorpioWR said:

I bought a Shiva 2, non carbon also. The weight is why I bought it as I was getting considerable neck strain in my LS2 helmet that weighs 1564 grams. The Shiva 2 is advertised at 1190 grams and of course the real world weight is well over at 1260 grams. Why can't companies just advertise the actual weight instead of trying to be clever. It even has sticker on it saying it weighs 1050g's +30g which must be for the Carbon version. However that 1260g's is 2.77 lbs and is the lightest helmet I could find and $199 is pretty hard to beat. I measured my head and was 58.1 cm which puts me right at the far end of medium with the large starting at 59cm, so I got medium. It is quite difficult to get over my ears (which are small), but once it's on it appears to fit pretty much perfectly. Hopefully the break-in will ease the putting on/taking off.

Your observations mirror my own. My sizing was almost identical and it is tight getting on but even more so getting it off. Doesn't have that plush feeling inside like Klim, Shoei, and others but was very comfortable once on and never noticed the helmet when riding. Seems to be ventilated fairly well but I only have one ride with it so far on a humid but cool day. So far I'm really liking it but I need to see how well it ventilates once the humidity drops and the temps go back up. I tried it with every Scott goggle except the Tyrant and they all fit. Also tried 100% goggles and they hit the top of the eye opening which pushed them down on my nose so no good. Of course, if you have a small nose you might be fine as I have a honker.

4 hours ago, SS109 said:

Your observations mirror my own. My sizing was almost identical and it is tight getting on but even more so getting it off. Doesn't have that plush feeling inside like Klim, Shoei, and others but was very comfortable once on and never noticed the helmet when riding. Seems to be ventilated fairly well but I only have one ride with it so far on a humid but cool day. So far I'm really liking it but I need to see how well it ventilates once the humidity drops and the temps go back up. I tried it with every Scott goggle except the Tyrant and they all fit. Also tried 100% goggles and they hit the top of the eye opening which pushed them down on my nose so no good. Of course, if you have a small nose you might be fine as I have a honker.

Weird how it is so difficult to squeeze on and off, but feels good when on? My 100% goggles also push down on my nose with my other helmet and not quite as much with the Kali, I think it's the cut-out of the goggles, I just bought a pair of Fox goggles, hopefully they feel better.

Kali builds helmets for Motofist there not bad but not great Fly fits me better oval shape Klim is round ,I have looked at most of Klims helmets old and NOT OUT YET there just down the street,

I wish Klim fit me there a great helmet ...

oh the guys at Motorfist are riden buddies .

Edited by slash925

3 hours ago, slash925 said:

Kali builds helmets for Motofist there not bad but not great

How so? I see absolutely nothing wrong with Kali  quality wise compared to any other helmet.