Okay going to keep this 01 Yz250 time for rebuild opinions

Doesn't the wrench rabbit kit complete come with tranny gears and or at least bearings, top end and all bottom end parts? The vertex piston in that kit would probably immediately get swapped to a Weisco piston since the Vertex is forged/cast unless these pistons are good. Can I get some reccommendations on some good top and bottom kits.

Wrench rabit is not transmission also. It's just an expensive kit. Do a OEM crank, bearing, and seals if your pocket book allows, or go wiseco/hotrods crank, OEM bearings/seals, Pro-X gasket kit, top end kit Vertex

OEM

Vertex

Wisco

Pro-X

Wossener 

NEVER NAMURA

Vertex is OEM for all the KTM bikes. Good pistons or the orange clown suit wouldnt use them as OEM.

Just my .02

• Like 2

Absolutely oem crank seals! :facepalm:had a guy tell me not to use aftermarket seals but in a frenzy I put them in, lasted a few hrs, maybe just maybe I did something wrong on install. His name is slipping my memory a bit but he was right!!!:cool:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YZF1825 said:

well what would be the best bottom end kit, and then top end kit?

22 hours ago, P84ONE said:

Wrench rabit is not transmission also. It's just an expensive kit. Do a OEM crank, bearing, and seals if your pocket book allows, or go wiseco/hotrods crank, OEM bearings/seals, Pro-X gasket kit, top end kit Vertex

OEM

Vertex

Wisco

Pro-X

Wossener 

NEVER NAMURA

Vertex is OEM for all the KTM bikes. Good pistons or the orange clown suit wouldnt use them as OEM.

Just my .02

Read post.

• Like 1

Here's my story short. My bike had a hot rod crank in it prior to buying. I purchased the wiseco crank kit, wiseco bearings matched the hot rod bearings pulled out so to me we're good but crank seals we're junk

ok I just priced oem crank bearings and seals and the needle bearing for the top of the connecting rod at 506$

Ive just completely restored my 00 yz250

In regards to engine i did a complete hotrods bottom end kit (beentold to stay away from wiseco cranks) hotrods complete transmission bearing kit, genuine governor a waterpump bearings and seal kit and waterpump shaft, both transmission main shafts due to wear and 5th gear, new clutch and new cases due to a failed crank bearing. 

Too end recieved a full 295cc rebuild, ported, v force v3, full fatty pipe a powercore muffler, cylinder head reshaped and squish altered. 

This is only the engine, lots more was spent on the bike itself. 

I found the more deep i went the more problems i found... and being fussy i had to replace it all for my ownpiece of mind. 

20170218_122530.thumb.jpg.7ab67f8e84fba659501359b4baf40b09.jpg

I like the sounds of that kit, tranny bearing, water pump seals..can you pm me or post what kit that is?

It wasnt a kit mate, the hotrods bottom end kit included crank, crank bearings, seals, gaskets etc.

Trans bearings were another seperate hot rods kit that just included trans bearings. 

Governor and waterpump bearings were purchased from local yamaha dealer along with waterpump shaft, main shafts and 5th gear. 

All up the engine owes me about 3k aud with all the aftermarket parts and modifications 

Stupid thing lost my text.

22 hours ago, P84ONE said:

Get OEM prices from PARTSHARK.COM, then have RMATV or Motosport match price. It will be way cheeper. Just buy the Hotrods crank from RMATV, and all OEM on the rest.

• Like 1

The wrench rabbit kit is going to be the best starting point though, granted u dont find any wear on the transmission assembly etc it should be pretty straight forward 

Id pull your barrel first though and inspect for wear... might need to be send of for replating 

P84 I found the hot rods crank at Rocky Mountain, so what else OEM should I get? All the bearings and seals? Would OEM crank assembly be better because money isnt the issue I want quality.

Just now, YZF1825 said:

P84 I found the hot rods crank at Rocky Mountain, so what else OEM should I get? All the bearings and seals? Would OEM crank assembly be better because money isnt the issue I want quality.

If you are going all OEM: Price all OEM off of partshark.com and have RMATV match it, or just go through partshark. Dameon is a real cool dude, and I have delt with him for years.