2016 TE 300 jetting

Looking for people's experience with jetting on these bikes. Mine is set up stock from the factory and I've only ridden the bike once at low elevation. Seemed to run fine , however it's been over 10 years since I've ridden a 2 stroke. No smoke and no splooge coming out of the pipe, mixed at 60:1. I hear these bikes are set up rich from the factory. Is that true? 

I ride Northern California elevation between 1,500' and 5,000'. Majority around 2-4K. I assume I'll lower the needle when I ride high elevation? Based on my research there's a wide variety of opinions on jetting. Some people say it's just fine and some say the bikes aren't rideable. 

hi best thing to do before trying to do any jetting changes is fit the vforce 4 reed valve the standard reeds are junk just changing the reed valve will change the way the bike runs.hop this helps.

• Like 1

the standard reeds are vforce 3 on 16 wouldn't be a huge difference. the shitty reeds are on the the 17 

jutting is vary bike specific wat i wolde do start with is float height and then start fiddling with the other stuff 

the 16 year model is a very good and reliable.

• Like 1

I had a '15 300 XC-W and ride in So Cal from 2,500 - 8,000 and jetted the bike as follows:

168 main
38 pilot
NECH Suzuki needle (3rd clip)
AS 1 1/2 out

The bike ran great everywhere with just a minor tweet of the airscrew at Kennedy Meadows as the elevation got higher.

I sold the bike to a buddy that I ride with and he is still running the same jetting setup.

• Like 1