I recently broke my kill switch on my Honda Crf50 Pitbike. A replacement is on it's way, and I'd rather fix it myself than pay $48.00 of labor... (rip off).

Does anyone know how to properly connect the new kill switch? Is the connecting piece behind the front number plate, or do I have to take off the gas tank and seat to wire to the CDI?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**(I was going to upload some pictures so you know what I'm working with, but I can't seem to download the pictures. I'll upload them if I can figure it out.)**

Edited by Scott L.

Nevermind, I found it. The two connectors are right under the gas tank. I'm going to leave this thread up so others with the same problem can find it. Thanks for the replies!

FWIW I got mine from fast50s and it’s only $17.95 and works like it should... I just put one on my nephew’s CRF50F...

link to the site here:  https://www.fast50s.com/i-18479609-fast50s-kill-switch-red-button-style-fits-any-bike.html

Full disclosure:  I am not and never have been sponsored or have any financial arrangement to promote their products or anything of the sort— 

But I am friends with the owners—we used to pit next to each other “back in the day” and Craig is a fine machinist... makes his own parts in Auburn, California... he was a legit (fast) racer, excellent wrench and all around good dude. And although I’m an ok wrench my brother is a CNC operator and fabricator and was even on some stupid TV show for like 6 seasons making robots that fight or something (he made all his robots etc) and he took a look at Craig’s billet throttle body for the CRF50F last weekend and said “Dude, your friend made that?  I couldn’t make that. It takes a special machine...” blah blah I stopped listening but something about 3D something or other and blah blah and my brother is cool and all but let’s just say he’s not easily impressed... by anyone or anything... 

And I like Craig and bought all my pitbike stuff from him and totally abused it and never broke any of his stuff... (shrug) 

Anyway he sells kill switches for less than 18 bucks 😆

BA4B2963-D3B9-4FA0-8ECF-464419FE461A.jpeg

3C81897F-E44C-40B6-BAD7-2391A3DB65B3.jpeg

D4294143-CC65-4934-A928-60A34FD4F969.jpeg