DR350 Scramblerised

what sort of spokes are those?

Spoke coats. Can buy them online for $20. They just fit oner the spoke. GreT idea.

Absolutely gorgeous man!

I've got a spare DR and thought seriously about going this route. Actually almost exactly this route!

Would love to hear more about the parts you selected and how hard it was to get everything sorted. Tank mounting, seat, headlight, speedo, etc.

Great work. The fact you have a surfboard attached to this beautiful beast pretty much elevates you to god-like status in my book haha. Of course here in Maine I'd need a snowboard mount, but hey..

• Like 1

Thanks man appreciate it. I was quite surprised how smooth everything went. Took me 2 weeks few hours evenings and 2 full Saturdays. I'll put some pics up of the process. I had to manufacture a few brackets for tank and seat. Speedo fit straight on and headlights too. Wiring was pretty easy. Spraying the frame took most time just to tape everything up as I did not remove the motor. Tyres are 604b trailmax tyres, standard rims. Let me know what else you wanna know. I must say I learnt a lot and Google is great . Was a great experience. I am keen to do a DR 650 next.

IMG_4050.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4186.JPG

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

IMG_4202.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4460.JPG

IMG_4925.JPG

IMG_4926.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

IMG_4346.JPG

IMG_4347.JPG

IMG_4348.JPG

Edited by DRnewbie
New pics

I just made these side covers from a round pizza baking plate. Cut with tin scissor and put rubber strip around. Did the oval numberplates the same way.

IMG_5045.JPG

IMG_5046.JPG

IMG_5048.JPG

IMG_5049.JPG

• Like 1

Slick! Cookie sheets are a great idea.

I painted my frame a few years ago as well, but had the engine out. Did you strip the old paint? I used stripper on the entire frame and it was an absolute nightmare! Did eventually get it down to the metal, but my rattle can job is not perfect, I suspect it could have used a few extra wash cycles to get all the chemical residue off. We had some heavy rain/humidity in the middle of my paint job which I don't think helped. Overall it has worked out though - nothing a few touch ups couldn't fix.

ChPUWLzl.jpg

Y7sF5ual.jpg

tkiJKSVl.jpg

• Like 1