need advice from honda user / fan !?

I want to buy a second bike beside my yz450(2011) ,  

i appreciate if you share your idea about the things you love about honda compare to other manufacture !?

and my main question is  which year model from honda is the best to have as a used bike !?

i heard 2008-2009 are perfect bikes !? should i go and buy a carb or just look at EFI models  !?  

2008 was the last carbed bike. Its a great bike. Honda didn't begin to pull its head out of its ass until about 2012, 2013 being better. Sure, anything can be made to work, but the idea is to start as close to good as you can. The 09 isn't a "bad" bike, but the fixes to the Honda stupidity are expensive. The clutch, the chassis setup etc.

If you can find an 08 that isn't houred to death, get it.

9 hours ago, Shawn_Mc said:

2008 was the last carbed bike. Its a great bike. Honda didn't begin to pull its head out of its ass until about 2012, 2013 being better. Sure, anything can be made to work, but the idea is to start as close to good as you can. The 09 isn't a "bad" bike, but the fixes to the Honda stupidity are expensive. The clutch, the chassis setup etc.

If you can find an 08 that isn't houred to death, get it.

ok tanx , i can look for 08 honda . how this year bike compare to 2008 suzuki !? is it better or the same level !?

They're different. The Suzuki is heavier, but has a quicker chassis, but it's more expensive to fix.

1 hour ago, Shawn_Mc said:

They're different. The Suzuki is heavier, but has a quicker chassis, but it's more expensive to fix.

aha ok :D . i wanna have a bike which cae be a all around package , i have  searched and seems 2008 Honda is one of the best all around bikes ;) 

If you get efi that is a huge advantage if you just want to "plug and play". Nothing worse than being broke down on the trail. I always had Yamaha's but ride a Honda now. It's a little bit more temperamental.

If you get efi that is a huge advantage if you just want to "plug and play". Nothing worse than being broke down on the trail. I always had Yamaha's but ride a Honda now. It's a little bit more temperamental.

Which year of EFI generation hondas are good !?
9 hours ago, aminem said:

Which year of EFI generation hondas are good !?

8 hours ago, 96motorhead said:

U R kidding :/ .... 2017 !? 

yep 08 was sposed to be the best carbed year

3 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

yep 08 was sposed to be the best carbed year

which years of honda CRF450r are worth to buy as a used bike !? lets exclude 2015-2017 . i underestand that 2008 is the best but what about the EFI bikes !? 

Ive only owned an 04 and an 11 model - the 11 felt alot more electric - more planted than the 04 - but too quiet.

The 11 got there alot quicker as well - the 04 felt more like a play bike - the 11 felt more like a race bike

I didnt notice any dif. between carb and EFi - maybe the 11 felt like it revved alot quicker

still had fun on the 04 - replaced the valves and rings thats all i did to it

but the 11 was a better bike - never did anything to it except shim it

1 hour ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Ive only owned an 04 and an 11 model - the 11 felt alot more electric - more planted than the 04 - but too quiet.

The 11 got there alot quicker as well - the 04 felt more like a play bike - the 11 felt more like a race bike

I didnt notice any dif. between carb and EFi - maybe the 11 felt like it revved alot quicker

still had fun on the 04 - replaced the valves and rings thats all i did to it

but the 11 was a better bike - never did anything to it except shim it

good to know that there is not a big gap between these bikes , specially for me as a NooB in this field. 4 sure latest model are always better and of course manufacture advertise on them :)) . but the reality can be heard from the serious users . 

I love my 2013 Honda over my last bike. (2006 YZ450)

2013 needs help in motor department. Sloowww. PSF1 air forks are awesome along with chassis. I hate the efi flameouts.

4 hours ago, souliog said:

I love my 2013 Honda over my last bike. (2006 YZ450)

2013 needs help in motor department. Sloowww. PSF1 air forks are awesome along with chassis. I hate the efi flameouts.

I have just bought a 2013 CRF450R :D . will test it today and hope it wont fail my expectation :D 

I rode an 06 450 for over 5 years, just basic maintenance, solid bike never had any issues. Picked up a 13 a few months ago, it feels much lighter and more like a 250 frame. I grew up on kx and yz, but after having a crf I want nothing else. Really love the all around package and reliability of the crf. 

DSC_0188.jpg.3fc77c5b2bc31ceb74a654edd520b32f.jpg

On 9/10/2017 at 4:29 PM, milehi450 said:

I rode an 06 450 for over 5 years, just basic maintenance, solid bike never had any issues. Picked up a 13 a few months ago, it feels much lighter and more like a 250 frame. I grew up on kx and yz, but after having a crf I want nothing else. Really love the all around package and reliability of the crf. 

DSC_0188.jpg.3fc77c5b2bc31ceb74a654edd520b32f.jpg

Nice bike dude , I bought a 2013 CRF450R and tried it for the first time last sunday . it feels good but i have a strange feeling with it . i miss my yamaha but i love Honda :D :)) .

935c2e41-b1de-4194-b616-b0ff37881a5b.jpeg