need advice from suzuki user / fan !?

I want to buy a second bike beside my yz450(2011) ,  i just looking for 450 4 strokes models

which year model from suzuki is the best to have as a used bike !?

i heard 2006 models sucks !??

should i go and buy a carb or just look at EFI models  !?  

why do you like suzuki compare to other manufacture !?

IDK what you are using it for but the Suzuki will turn under anything else out there. 

Buy an 08+ for the FI and 5 speed tranny. 

35 minutes ago, BDubb106 said:

IDK what you are using it for but the Suzuki will turn under anything else out there. 

Buy an 08+ for the FI and 5 speed tranny. 

will use it for Trail/enduro , and sometimes going on MX 

2008 and up for sure on all brands. They never really figured out the valves until a bit after 2008.

1 hour ago, Hudson Charlton said:

2008 and up for sure on all brands. They never really figured out the valves until a bit after 2008.

what was the problem with the valves !? 

1 hour ago, aminem said:

what was the problem with the valves !? 

There's nothing wrong with RMZ450 valves, not sure why the last guy made that comment.

As for used bikes under all cases "the newer the better" applies.  All bikes have good and bad things about them then add in that we are talking about used bikes that may or may not have been taken care of, so it's a total guess as to how good a used bike really is. 

With that in mind just decide how much you are willing to spend and then go find something that fits your budget.  In every case newer bikes should be better as long as they have been properly maintained.  In Suzuki's case their 450 hasn't really changed that much since '08 (the 1st year for EFI), yes, that model has been refined over the years which is why you should try to buy the newest one that you can afford.

3 hours ago, aminem said:

what was the problem with the valves !? 

I believe the older models YZF, CRF, KXF, and RMZs all had titanium coated valves. The issue was they soon lost their coating and wore out very fast. If they have been replaced no problem, but if not, new valves should be expected. Obviously lower the hours the better. 

1 hour ago, Hudson Charlton said:

I believe the older models YZF, CRF, KXF, and RMZs all had titanium coated valves. The issue was they soon lost their coating and wore out very fast. If they have been replaced no problem, but if not, new valves should be expected. Obviously lower the hours the better. 

The YammerJammer always had good valves. The Honda pre 06 was problematic for those who raced them. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now