Boyesen pro reeds install

I was looking to replace the old boyesen power reeds on my 01 cr250, so I ordered some boyesen pro reeds for it. But these ones have 3 holes in the lower petals where the cage has 2 larger holes. Is there any way to make these work or should I send them back? Can I modify the cage without &%$#@!ing it all up?

Sent from my SM-G900F using ThumperTalk mobile app

I have my son's 01 CR250 apart.  The stock reeds are triple reeds with three screws on each side.  Do you maybe have an aftermarket reed block?

I have my son's 01 CR250 apart.  The stock reeds are triple reeds with three screws on each side.  Do you maybe have an aftermarket reed block?

Shit I must do, the carb is not the std mikuni it is a keihin pj 38. So it's very possible it's off another model.

Sent from my SM-G900F using ThumperTalk mobile app

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By jAcee
      I just got done rebuilding my 99 ktm 250sx and after i got done i started it up it wouldn't idle or start with out a quarter throttle and it would get up in the rpms buy would die down quicker than normal 2 strokes. it was getting gas it didn't sound like it wasn't getting gas the rpms would go down super fast i messed with the idle screw but it wouldn't do that before i had to flush it out with oil cause the piston blew apart it feels like its getting seized at a certain point of the stroke i would just like to know the reason why 
    • By Koray
      I have just put a new transmission in a 2005 kx85, and everything spins freely while the case bolts arent tightened, but as soon as i tighten the case bolts the transmission and crank suddenly become very stiff and hard to move, what could be causing this?
    • By Ktm520sxrider
      Ready to seal back up

• By BigBossHogg710
      I have a 97 CR250 that just had a full top and bottom end rebuild, (brand new GENUINE 38mm pwk air striker carburetor and jd jet kit, running 93 octane and mixing klotz @ 32:1)Also has pro circuit 304 full exhaust, k&N filter. The full rebuild and carb was done by a licensed bike shop. Since all that was done the bike has maybe 3 hours on it. I changed the spark plug after the 2nd ride and it looked fine “paper bag brown”, put a new plug in the bike. Rode good and hard for 30-35 minutes shut the bike off and talked to my buddy for 10 minutes and the bike didn’t want to start. I kicked it probably 15x and it finally started took off went to turn around and it died another 10 kicks later started back up again and I was able to make it home.  Got home took the plug out and it was dry and looked extremely lean?? I’ve since done a leak test and I don’t have any leaks and I took my carb off and it looked spotless but I cleaned it all anyway. So why is my bike all of a sudden running so lean? No leaks and the carbs spotless nothings clogged up. The bike was jetted right judging by the first plug I pulled out of it “paper bag brown” and by the responsiveness of the bike. “Note” the day this happened there was a 5-7 degree temperature drop outside? I doubt that could be the colputate though?   93 octane klotz 32:1.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Sorry about themisspellings and terrible punctuation I’m dyslexic as shit lol. Thanks!