How and Where to ride in New Brunswick?

Hello all, I just moved to new brunswick from Ontario.

I have no idea where to ride, How to get my bike suitable to ride here. Haven't really found much on facebook or google about where to ride and race here.

Does anyone know good places to ride in the Shediac and Moncton areas and Where and how to race through out NB.

Looking for some good trails, single track and motocross tracks. Also looking for people to ride with. Thanks!

Just now, Squarah said:

Great, Thanks a bunch ? in the market for a new bike so I'm sure he could help me out there too!

I will drive there to buy my next bike from Ottawa. I bought a 17 beta 300rr last year before I knew them. Wish I would of known.

sussex I hear is a great place to ride

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Squarah said:

I'm looking to buy a used ktm 200 xcw so hopefully he knows someone selling one or gets one in! A new Beta isn't in my budget right now lol

Not a lot of 200's around I'm afraid. My buddy just sold his last week, 

if you are in the Moncton area Clay would be a great guy to talk to. 

You can join New Brunswick Dual Sport Forum as well, lots of guys to talk to there. Moncton has a pretty good riding scene. 

NB has a small Hare Scramble series but it's pretty new and just getting its legs. NS has a much stronger series. Check out NSORRA for more info. 

I live in Frederiicton and a lot of guys ride from my house, let me know if you are ever in the area and I will give you a tour. I'm in Halifax right now, I'm teaching an MSF Dirtbike School in the area tomorrow at a buddies track and NSORRA riding facility.

Next race in NB is coming up soon in the Sussex area at the Alzberg track. 

• Like 1

Your local MX track would be Riverglade MX which just hosted a national last week. It's in Salisbury, just outside Moncton. 

Larry Northrup is one of the owners, he also owns Toys For Big Boys which is the local KTM/Husky/Honda and Harley dealer. 

Pleasant Valley MX is in NS and is 90 min from Moncton. They hosted a national the week before. It's Tyler Medaglias home track, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squarah said:

I'm looking to buy a used ktm 200 xcw so hopefully he knows someone selling one or gets one in! A new Beta isn't in my budget right now lol

Lots of used Betas around. This is Beta country around here. The distributor is from NB and the parts warehouse is based out of Clays. NS has a dealer as well. Let me know what your budget is and I can help you out. 

• Like 1

August 13th NBDRA and Clays OffRoad Hare Scramble Round #2 of 3 (Alzberg).
Classes PeeWee, School Boy/Girl, Junior/Novice, Intermediate, 40+ and Pro.
Pee Wee = 30mins
School Boy/Girl = 45mins
Junior/Novice = 60mins
Intermediate = 90mins
40+ = 105mins
Pro = 120mins
Track is well worn in with some modifications to better accommodate PeeWee and School Boy/Girl classes, as well as Junior/Novice. Course for other classes ranges from faster sprint sections to slower more technical sections.
If you have never tried an Enduro or Harescramble event, its a race through the woods on marked trails. Its a hoot....don't stress....just treat it like a trail ride with your buddies.
Course is dry dry dry and any amount of rain from today through to race day will be quickly absorbed.
Lots of free parking and camping. The track will be open on saturday for final track prep. If interested in helping out, or riding please come out from 10am to 2pm. If camping please let me know so I can point out where parking is available. Absolutely no fires, no BBQ, no fireworks etc....the area is very very dry at this point. If you have a long rig you may not be able to get in the driveway due to a hump on the gravel entrance into the site. You may bottom out and drag.
Other accommodations are available just 5mins from the track at the Timberland Motel and Restaurant. They have serviced lots for camping too. They can be reached at 506.433.2480.
This is a great area to ride from as well. Ride the track for a bit, then head off into the huge network of trails.
NBDRA Membership required: Under 18 = $10, over 18 = $20. Race Entry $20 for PeeWee and School Boy/Girl and $40 for all others.
Hope to see you all there. Bring a buddy....then you can brag and tease them *if you beat them !!!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the information! I have a sister who lives in Fredericton so next time i'm down that way a tour would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a group of people to ride with quite frequently. Problem is right now I don't currently have a bike. I sold my 230f in Ontario just before I left for NB because the resale value is much higher there I find. I did not expect to have such a hard time finding the right bike here though. I am no stranger to hare scrambles I raced a 6 hour one last October lol. Does riverglade do there own race series or is it a different track every weekend? The racing here is a lot different from the club I was part of in Ontario. Again thanks for the reply! I joined the NBDRA Facebook page as well but haven't really seen many posts yet.

• Like 1