Off Road races in Washington

Besides the NMA, what other resources do we have for off road races? Not interested in Time Keepers (just yet), but more sprints and scrambles. Western Washington preferred, but I can be flexible.

Do you mean WMRRA? Road racing only, and I'm already dong that series (endurance, sprints, and vintage). Do you have a link for Oregon series? I mean I'll search and whatnot, but suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Edit: I found https://www.omraoffroad.com/racing/home/, is that the only Oregon series, or are there more?

Edited by pscook

Do you mean WMRRA? Road racing only, and I'm already dong that series (endurance, sprints, and vintage). Do you have a link for Oregon series? I mean I'll search and whatnot, but suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Edit: I found https://www.omraoffroad.com/racing/home/, is that the only Oregon series, or are there more?

Ok weird because ommra has both on and offroad.

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

http://www.albanymx.net/2016/08/13/oregon-state-championship-series/

The OMRA racing home has links to pretty much every racing and DS series.

As a multi discipline guy (like me) I'd suggest the DS series, they're super fun. I also do the Mag 7 because I like GP races.

1 hour ago, HeavyRotation said:

Ok weird because ommra has both on and offroad.

There is OMRA and OMRRA, two different disciplines. Thanks for the links, though, I might haul to Albany, depending on the series up here around Seattle. Anything in Oregon is a haul for me.

Yeah lol, I was a full sponsored omrra rider. I'm a terrible slow dirt guy but I'm racing dammit.

after a decade of OMRRA its hard to drop the other R

The Mag 7 is awesome, the Albany track is very fun too, no big doubles, all tables and step ups.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

Yeah lol, I was a full sponsored omrra rider. I'm a terrible slow dirt guy but I'm racing dammit.

after a decade of OMRRA its hard to drop the other R

The Mag 7 is awesome, the Albany track is very fun too, no big doubles, all tables and step ups.

That Mag 7 facebook page makes my head hurt. What tracks? Rules? I mean really, I get that there are local guys, but if they want to attract anyone from a distance, maybe some information regarding tracks, classes, long vs short course. Otherwise I'm out. I don't want to have to dig so much just to race.

I tried to figure out where the "Rockhill" track is, and I was led to a dead-end on Thumper Talk. Ugh.

Edited by pscook

That Mag 7 facebook page makes my head hurt. What tracks? Rules? I mean really, I get that there are local guys, but if they want to attract anyone from a distance, maybe some information regarding tracks, classes, long vs short course. Otherwise I'm out. I don't want to have to dig so much just to race.

That's all of Oregon bro, we ain't civilized.

The next one is on an awesome course, The Sandy Clam.

https://m.facebook.com/coos.ridersassociation/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

Oh, my home track here in Eugene 40 minutes past Albany is very suited to road racers, like a vet mx track, no big jumps, premium on balls out and braking.

http://eugenemxpark.com/eugenemxpark-schedule/

THAT'S a proper way to get me interested. Yeah it's 5 hours, but it looks like a good place.

Man, I miss Straddleline...

• Like 1

Besides the NMA series there are the Team Tortoise norcs races. Harescramble format like the nma offroad series. You have an Isde and sprint enduro left this year . 3 Harescrambles and i believe 2 more on the norcs series. Between the norcs and nma you have close to 25 events a year now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

That's all of Oregon bro, we ain't civilized.

The next one is on an awesome course, The Sandy Clam.

https://m.facebook.com/coos.ridersassociation/

Civilized or uncivilized there is no excuse for a sandy clam. Even with dread locks and hairy legs, the clam should still never be sandy.

Edited by Heb
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 6:22 PM, Monk said:

Thanks. Unfortunately, as with all of the other sites, information isn't readily available for each event. As an example, if I wanted to go to the Rev Limiter Hare Scramble on September 24th, how would I know where to go, when to be there, or what class would I run? It certainly seems that each event is uniquely promoted, to the point that it almost feels like they are trying to keep it a secret. Maybe it's just my previous experiences with local events, but it seems that information on each event needs to be separately investigated for each event, which is a little time consuming.

7 minutes ago, pscook said:

Thanks. Unfortunately, as with all of the other sites, information isn't readily available for each event. As an example, if I wanted to go to the Rev Limiter Hare Scramble on September 24th, how would I know where to go, when to be there, or what class would I run? It certainly seems that each event is uniquely promoted, to the point that it almost feels like they are trying to keep it a secret. Maybe it's just my previous experiences with local events, but it seems that information on each event needs to be separately investigated for each event, which is a little time consuming.

Lol, well if you ask me I can point you in the right direction... The Rev Limiter and Chewles race are about the only 2 worth going to. Chewles is pretty epic and a TRUE cross country... 

FB_IMG_1501992570894.jpg