86 tt 350 Question

Hello All,

I just picked this up today.  Bike is all there.  Compression, Spark, Just needs a good cleaning.  My question is should I mess with it or just part it out?  Look like parts arn't easy to get.  Suggestions?  Wish lists??  I really don't need a another project right now.

Just checking

THX

Paul

Just finished a top end build on my 94 tt350 ,starting to put some parts together for my 87 tt350 build ,haven't really had any problems getting parts online or from a dealer ,actually some parts are way cheaper from my yamaha dealer than some online sources,,I use scribd for my free online manual,I didn't need another project bike either ,but it was there as a parts bike that didn't need much ,so why not

Can someone please post a pic of the decompression lever and its position.  This one is missing bracket and lever....  Not sure what all I need.  Looks like another project started 

So its automatic?  I have 2 cables up by the bars.  I assumed the were for a decompression lever.   I'll take a pic and post   THANK YOU

• Like 1

Mine runs from the head up and through the frame where the coil mounts then down to the kicker 1501974106180.jpeg

Update,

Just a quick update,  I had it bored 1 over. New Piston and rings.  New gaskets and it fired right up.  still needs some odds and ends, But pretty happy so far.  I did find I parts bike as well for some odd items.  Not a complete bike but it does have a motor and a carb and electrical parts.  Had spark.  Rear shock wheels front brake assembly.  Anyone need any parts?  Make me an offer. I also have the head pipe... 

aaaaaa.JPG

With these old bikes it's nice to have a spare parts bike sometimes . So many times a dumb little bracket or whatever is broken or missing and you can't either get a new one or it part of a whole assembly that you don't need. I used to have 3 complete parts XT6's , but found titled frames for 2 so put them back on the street.

It looks like the previous owner just took the decomp cable off the motor and put it up by the bars . The other cable I'd guess is maybe a choke , the 600's had handlebar chokes.

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 1

With these old bikes it's nice to have a spare parts bike sometimes . So many times a dumb little bracket or whatever is broken or missing and you can't either get a new one or it part of a whole assembly that you don't need. I used to have 3 complete parts XT6's , but found titled frames for 2 so put them back on the street.

It looks like the previous owner just took the decomp cable off the motor and put it up by the bars . The other cable I'd guess is maybe a choke , the 600's had handlebar chokes.

These old girls have the decomp cable going to the kick starter ,and have push pull throttle cables ,little bit different to there big sisters

The 600's have the same setups as these , auto decomp that's activated as the kicker is pushed down, actual mounting location a bit different but same setup/activation. plus they also have the dual throttle cables (all bikes have push-pull throttles , a safety item).  It looked in his photo the the end of the decomp that's normally down in front of the kicker shaft is taken off and put up by the handlebar plus he said there were 2 cables up by the bars . I didn't know if a previous owner was trying to use it as a manual one , some people can't understand these auto systems and insist on wanting it manual , see it a lot on Honda's . Fortunately Yamaha has good design's and no need for messing with them , even the big boys kick over smooth and easy if the cable is adjusted correctly.

Edited by jjktmrider
  • Like 1