Keihin PD Super Pumper Carb/ TURBO

So, can we summarise the pro's and con's? Please elaborate on below. ? 

Pro's:

Low price

Larger diameter, higher flow carby by 3mm. More grunt.

Accelerator pump give noticeable boost on throttle opening

Uses same jets as Stock

Can remove the choke mechanism for even better flow

?Carb fits easily in the original manifold and air box hardware??

?Can we use same stock throttle cable??

?others?

Con's:

Build quality varies, which means:

?May need to fiddle with butterfly stop to get full opening?

?May need to fiddle with pump nose to get it to squirt in the right place?

?other??

Edited by Oldie230
  • Like 1

So, can we summarise the pro's and con's? Please elaborate on below. [emoji4] 
Pro's:
Low price
Larger diameter, higher flow carby by 1mm. More grunt.
Accelerator pump give noticeable boost on throttle opening
Uses same jets as Stock
Can remove the choke mechanism for even better flow
?Carb fits easily in the original manifold and air box hardware??
?Can we use same stock throttle cable??
?others?

Con's:
Build quality varies, which means:
?May need to fiddle with butterfly stop to get full opening?
?May need to fiddle with pump nose to get it to squirt in the right place?
?other??

Con: the fuel inlet does not clear the frame as it straight out of the the carb body. Mixxer has pressed his in I was also able to press mine in to clear the frame as it is not fully seated. Aligning the pump spray nozzle is proving to be difficult, your mileage may vary.
  • Like 2

Awesome posts everyone...

My carb was a pain in the ass ....  But it was a small monetary investment... Yet a decent amount of fixing/ modding pain...

In the end, it truly does rip.... !

The pump helps the snap and pull responsiveness... Absolutely.

And the modded/ bigger bore is more flow... And the choke plate and axle removal  adds cfm too.

What I have right now is more grunt like a moderate big bore kit might add... And a much better run out on top... Like a bigger cam would add...

Could not be more satisfied with it...

The pump shot nozzle aiming was a beotch...i hooked one jaw of the channel locks just over the tip of the nozzle... And the other jaw over the bottom of the intake carb bell... And went through a few successive ramp ups in squeeze pressure to get the shot up and aimed... For sure thought I could end up breaking it, but the carb was junk to me if I couldn't adjust it right anyways..

And yes... The stock throttle assembly hooks right up...

Edited by mixxer
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, mixxer said:

My carb was a pain in the ass ....  But it was a small monetary investment... Yet a decent amount of fixing/ modding pain...

And the modded/ bigger bore is more flow... And the choke plate and axle removal  adds cfm too.

What I have right now is more grunt like a moderate big bore kit might add... And a much better run out on top... Like a bigger cam would add...

The pump shot nozzle aiming was a beotch...i hooked one jaw of the channel locks just over the tip of the nozzle... And the other jaw over the bottom of the intake carb bell... And went through a few successive ramp ups in squeeze pressure to get the shot up and aimed... For sure thought I could end up breaking it, but the carb was junk to me if I couldn't adjust it right anyways..

That's exactly how much stronger my 230 feels now.

• Like 1

I attempted to to align the nozzle as you described... as I applied pressure to bend the nozzle pressed down through the orifice. Now holding the nozzle out of the carb, in the jaws of one smooth jaw plier and applying various pressures along the length with another needle nose plier I have a slight curve. With the nozzle out I can see that the length of orifice is not parallel with the needle jet, but faces downward. If no other mods are done to this carb, it is critical the pumper jet alignment is checked before installation.
  • Like 1

I saw those after I had ordered my PD Pumper....

Those have a dual throttle cable , one for slide and one for pump... And a much easier direct access to the slide compared to a PD...

They were something like $30 carb and cable on eBay....  Definitely worth checking out...

• Like 1

Yes of course Mr Mixxer.

Supposed to be here this Saturday.

And thanks for posting all of tips to make sure it's dialed in before I install it.

It's 37 years old, will need some cleaning up, parts and gaskets, O'rings, intake manifold, manifold to intake port matching, etc.

And Bonus: it's all OEM Honda! [emoji38]

Next week will be camping in Lake Tahoe, but will check it out first and order the parts, get them coming while Im away at least.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, adnohguy said:

Yes of course Mr Mixxer.

Supposed to be here this Saturday.

And thanks for posting all of tips to make sure it's dialed in before I install it.

It's 37 years old, will need some cleaning up, parts and gaskets, O'rings, intake manifold, manifold to intake port matching, etc.

And Bonus: it's all OEM Honda!

Next week will be camping in Lake Tahoe, but will check it out first and order the parts, get them coming while Im away at least.

What bike did Honda use a 32mm pumper on? Just want to know for future builds as I may want to join the 1% club..........I here its cool!

• Like 2

What bike did Honda use a 32mm pumper on? Just want to know for future builds as I may want to join the 1% club..........I here its cool!

Haven't seen it yet, will let everyone know if it will work after I make sure first...
Hopefully you can appreciate that I'm the ginny pig try it out/tester on this one...
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, adnohguy said:

Haven't seen it yet, will let everyone know if it will work after I make sure first...
Hopefully you can appreciate that I'm the ginny pig try it out/tester on this one...

I will be waiting patiently and let the ginny pigin began!

• Like 2