XR250R Exhaust Uncork

Hi guys, I am trying to uncork my exhaust and identify the model because I've heard drilling the baffle is worse than doing it properly or getting an aftermarket tip.
I've read this (Kevins very quick engine hop up) thread which has images of the exhausts however my part number doesn't match up, and when I compare the two models it seems I have the 96-97 baffle with the 98-04 tip which would be the best combination and the most unrestricted however my tube looks a lot different inside, please let me know if I am right as my snorkel is already off, ground the headers and the only thing left is the exhaust before I rejet.
Here are the photos:
DSC_0016.thumb.JPG.d1c8a26a1edfaae0ab45ea344bc5f927.JPGDSC_0018.thumb.JPG.a95b8baaace12a8c92f754a9768c587b.JPGDSC_0019.thumb.JPG.9fffad148121c7b6652d9c34636a018b.JPGDSC_0020.thumb.JPG.b76c27e434b6e0dff9e63a5be92ae5de.JPG

Cheers guys :)

Edited by Eryk

Do a little Googling. Copied and pasted from what I found.

https://4strokes.com/viewtopic.php?t=768

Remove the Torx bolt in the side bottom holding in Small diameter baffle.
Take 2 screw drivers and carefully work it back and forth around under edge of black nozzle area.
See, the problem is those are not to tight when new but after a year or so the build up of carbon and etc cause it to stick tight inside the outer piece.
Take a look at where you remove that Torx bit you can tell it slips down inside there.
I was able to get mine out in about 10 minutes of wiggling.

I have seen that topic however thats the A1 pipe (shorter pipe inside the screen, if you look at my photos mine looks a lot longer inside of the screen, so I am not too sure what to purchase, I am trying to keep the noise down too so should I purchase an A1 and and A2 pipe and weld the A2 end tip to the A1 baffle or whats the best option here? 

You can use a hole saw to cut the weld around the smaller tube and pull it out. I'd be concerned about enlarging it too big for the sake of loosing too much back pressure and low end torque. Removing the entire inner piece and just leaving the outer silver trim ring, to me seems as removing way too much.

Yeah thats what I am worried about hence not wanting to cut it as I don't have a welder, I've just tried literally every possible way to get the baffle out, broken a screw driver, tried the 3/8 extension, tried using strings to tie around the mounts in a loop and tied it to my car trying to drive the bike which just made a hole in the ground, also tried tying the baffle with the loops to a chin up bar and hanged my body weight on the pipe trying to jump up and down, also tried the loops with a truck strap ratchet with another person ratcheting as i hold the bike, the bike kept going back along the ground even in gear, put WD40 before trying any of those and also drove the bike without the screw/s holding it, unless anyone has any other suggestions what are the pipe suggestions, I could buy an A1 and A2 pipe and weld the A2 tip (pea shooter at the end of the pipe) to the A1 pipe to make it smaller diameter at the end? I could pay for this mod unless there is any better options.598686da6a4b6_xrtipcomparison.jpg.d2ac6cdbc7ee517a7fdeb5a0a77019f9.jpg

Edited by Eryk

yeah

I have been thru this.. you can't drill out the later ones... it drills to no where....  

yes, those baffles are in there tight... what I did was attach needle nose vice grips to the small exhaust hole, then clamp the vice grips to my bench vice, then hit the baffle holder with a hammer and a block of wood.... I had to hit it a lot of times. it eventually came apart. 

then,  i used a ($10) vw exhaust tip, and hammered that in place.  that has to  to be shortened to get it to fit lengthwise welll, also to breathe well.  its held up well so far and has been a nice compromise. 

here is a link to some of that discussion. 

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/829445-where-are-the-vw-beetle-tips/?page=2

6 hours ago, jboston2 said:

yeah

I have been thru this.. you can't drill out the later ones... it drills to no where....  

yes, those baffles are in there tight... what I did was attach needle nose vice grips to the small exhaust hole, then clamp the vice grips to my bench vice, then hit the baffle holder with a hammer and a block of wood.... I had to hit it a lot of times. it eventually came apart. 

then,  i used a ($10) vw exhaust tip, and hammered that in place.  that has to  to be shortened to get it to fit lengthwise welll, also to breathe well.  its held up well so far and has been a nice compromise. 

here is a link to some of that discussion. 

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/829445-where-are-the-vw-beetle-tips/?page=2

Thanks man, I've heard of the VW tips but I am thinking of making something custom, I just ordered an XR400 spark arrestor so I will need to make another thread to get a measurement of the baffle it comes with (length wise) and get a pipe made as it comes without baffle and I am not too fond of the VW tip, I tried with a screw driver and a hammer and wouldn't budge, my guess is its really stuck in there for good hence just purchasing a $120 spark arrestor :cry:
Appreciate all the help guys :)