'17 FE501 idles up, lean?

At about 650 miles on my '17 FE501 I started getting this condition where the bike starts and idles just fine.  After it warms up while riding and coming to a stop it's idling much higher.  Turn off the key, restart and it idles fine again, but repeats the cycle.   My dealer thought it was something causing the bike to sense a lean condition.  The air cleaner can be freshly cleaned which seems to have no affect on the condition.   The bike is completely stock meaning it still has all of the smog/EPA stuff on it.  Before I take it in to the dealer to pay them to figure this out I'd like to try this forum.  Any suggestions?

BTW I did search on lean but I didn't find anything similar to my situation.

Check for an air leak somewhere either on the intake side or exhaust header.

I couldn't find anything like an air leak. Dropped it off at the shop and when I picked it up it runs like a different bike.  Service writer said it had to do with the map.  

My 350 has a hissing sound near the air box. Though she runs great after the normal corrections.

Cold motor, start it up with, NO THROTTLE and  NO FAST IDLE engaged.

Let it idle for 5 min, or until the left radiator is screaming hot.

Shut it off. 

Re start.

You have now passively reset the center point on the sensors.  This usually 'fixes' odd running issues. 

The other common issues is a 'loose' injector body, and the oring sucks air past. Check to see that yours is tight.

Are you filtering your gas before it goes into the bike? Gotta do it.

Are you treating the gas for ethanol contamination ? Gotta do it.

On 8/22/2017 at 11:31 AM, THE KRAN said:

Are you filtering your gas before it goes into the bike? Gotta do it.

Are you treating the gas for ethanol contamination ? Gotta do it.

Thanks for the reply.   I'm looking at Profill Austrailia for filters.   They offer two types, in fuel tank and gas cap.  Which one or both would you recommend?

On the ethanol contamination, what treatment do you recommend?

Your help is appreciated!

5 minutes ago, duggram said:

Thanks for the reply.   I'm looking at Profill Austrailia for filters.   They offer two types, in fuel tank and gas cap.  Which one or both would you recommend?

On the ethanol contamination, what treatment do you recommend?

Your help is appreciated!

Any filter system is fine. I personally prefer to filter the gas into a 5gal container then pour that into the bike(s).

Consumer grade ethanol treatment is fine, but I prefer the more commercial/race products like RedLine, Pri-G, Maxima, Torco, etc.

Newer FI injected KTM/Husqvarna's come standard with a inline gas filter inside the tank and also a small screen filter in the end of the fuel disconnect between the tank and injector