Yz 250 2010 fork clickers

Hey guys, having some problems trying to set my suspension for a race I'm riding tomorrow. It's suppose to be 20 clicks on all the clickers but on my forks I seem to have only 19 and 17 (counting the first, bottoming click).

Should I count the starting position as click 1 or not? Also when I try the clickers on the bottom or on the shock there seems come out further out than 20, if I keep turning will they pop out? 

 

Thanks 

They will not/should not pop out.

If you bottom the clicker, then come out to first click, I count that as start postion "0" and they should both have equal clicks.

Edited by P84ONE
1 hour ago, P84ONE said:

They will not/should not pop out.

If you bottom the clicker, then come out to first click, I count that as start postion "0" and they should both have equal clicks.

Yes I think you are right. I tried the shock and got 20 clicks out from first, or "0". In front I don't get it though. Think I get 16 and 18 clicks on top. Are they broken? I don't want to force them to much either. Fork and shock just got full service by a suspension shop. 

Should be equal clicks on both sides. Call suspension shop in the morning, ask how the internals looked on your rebuild. 

9 minutes ago, P84ONE said:

Should be equal clicks on both sides. Call suspension shop in the morning, ask how the internals looked on your rebuild. 

Yeah probably should, they changed the bushings, seals and oil. Having a race tomorrow though and they are not open on sundays, is it ok to run them on different settings? Left and right I mean. 

Why would the be different? If you run them all the way in, and count out from "0", they will be set the same, top and bottom-compression and rebound. You are going to need to find the sweet spot now, if you have a race. 

I don't know if both are at 0 when they bottom out, sure I'll run them at same clicks but maybe they are 1-2 off eachother and just wondering if it's ok anyway? 

3 minutes ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

I don't know if both are at 0 when they bottom out, sure I'll run them at same clicks but maybe they are 1-2 off eachother and just wondering if it's ok anyway? 

It will be fine, but on monday, talk to shop. 

Just now, P84ONE said:

It will be fine, but on monday, talk to shop. 

Great answers as always, thank you brother. 😃

What he's trying to say is that if you run them in all the way to O and then back them out say 10 clicks then they are the same, if one go's out more it doesn't matter cause you're not tuning them out that far away! You're going to run them at 10 to 15 out , not 22 and 24 , both a at 10.

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

Great answers as always, thank you brother. 😃

Welcome, as always. :thumbsup:

41 minutes ago, tjg53 said:

What he's trying to say is that if you run them in all the way to O and then back them out say 10 clicks then they are the same, if one go's out more it doesn't matter cause you're not tuning them out that far away! You're going to run them at 10 to 15 out , not 22 and 24 , both a at 10.

 

 

 

Well, I don't think you can go wrong if you do. I really never have counted each fork leg. Even after a complete overhaul like he got. Damper rods do wear tho, I have measured them before. 

So I just got off the phone with the suspension company. They told me same as you guys, all the way in and then go out from there and it should be fine :thumbsup:. They thought it was really weird that I got less clicks though, on the upper clickers on the forks I have 16 on the left side and 18 on the right. Bottom is 21 left and 22 right and on the shock I got 20 on the one on top and 22 on the bottom one. 

They told me it was normal to get more clicks if someone abused or put it back the wrong way but he couldn't give me any explaination why I have less then 20, offered me to take a look at it for free though. So they will look at it next time I drop them off for service :thumbsup:

If they had to measure the height of the ( Adjusters/ cap when threading everything back together and get it off just a hair it will be off a click or two . You should have no ill effects from it if you don't get it straightened out . My first experience with this was on YZF600 spring change I was off 4 clicks until I figured out what happened . 

Edited by Rosehill Ryder
22 hours ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

So I just got off the phone with the suspension company. They told me same as you guys, all the way in and then go out from there and it should be fine :thumbsup:. They thought it was really weird that I got less clicks though, on the upper clickers on the forks I have 16 on the left side and 18 on the right. Bottom is 21 left and 22 right and on the shock I got 20 on the one on top and 22 on the bottom one. 

They told me it was normal to get more clicks if someone abused or put it back the wrong way but he couldn't give me any explaination why I have less then 20, offered me to take a look at it for free though. So they will look at it next time I drop them off for service :thumbsup:

What you do by turning the screws is to open / close a valve. Valves in hydraulic systems have strongly non linear characteristics, that's why the adjustment on the one or other side of the range has less effect than in the middle section.  

A suspension tuner also told me, that the fork will work best from 8 to 14 clicks open. Well, maybe he wants more people to have their suspension revalved ;)

Edited by yo_eddie

There you go, keep as cool as you can. Beat trials with smiles. 

7 hours ago, Rosehill Ryder said:

If they had to measure the height of the ( Adjusters/ cap when threading everything back together and get it off just a hair it will be off a click or two . You should have no ill effects from it if you don't get it straightened out . My first experience with this was on YZF600 spring change I was off 4 clicks until I figured out what happened . 

Guess this might be it, I'll talk to them when I change oil next time. Can I check this without taking it apart? 

6 hours ago, yo_eddie said:

What you do by turning the screws is to open / close a valve. Valves in hydraulic systems have strongly non linear characteristics, that's why the adjustment on the one or other side of the range has less effect than in the middle section.  

A suspension tuner also told me, that the fork will work best from 8 to 14 clicks open. Well, maybe he wants more people to have their suspension revalved ;)

Yeah, pretty much what the suspension guy told me, and because of the it would't mather much. Still it bugs me a little 😋. 

3 hours ago, P84ONE said:

There you go, keep as cool as you can. Beat trials with smiles. 

Wisdom words 👍

On 8/10/2017 at 2:05 PM, Christoffer Brandel said:

Guess this might be it, I'll talk to them when I change oil next time. Can I check this without taking it apart? 

Yeah, pretty much what the suspension guy told me, and because of the it would't mather much. Still it bugs me a little 😋. 

Wisdom words 👍

Yes , I believe it would have to be taken apart . 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now