Carb vent lines with skid plate. '18 xcw

Where do you run the carb vent lines with a skid plate? I have a p3 carbon skid plate which closes off where the stock vent line location is. Do I leave them under the motor on top of the skid plate or out the back by the swing arm??

17 xcw with an EE skidder. My vent lines drop behind the plate, in front of where the linkage would be if it weren't a PDS bike...

• Like 1

Cut them shorter.  I've pulled low hanging lines off crawling over things.

• Like 1

I've run them short, flush and out 1"  without issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebreezeexc said:

Image1502070976.676036.jpg

Not tryna be a troll, and it is hard to tell......but that chain looks a little tight?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thebreezeexc said:

Good call! Measured tonight and it was for sure too tight.

Image1502331586.709222.jpg. Here she is right at 55 mm

Thanks for not taking my comment the wrong way....  Looking good now.

I actually chopped a piece of wood to 55 mm to make for a real easy set and check.  

Too tight is a REALLY bad thing,  glad to be of help!!

It's all good! I have been to busy to check over all the specs with a 2.5 week baby at home so good catch. I'm hoping to get this thing out for a good rip this weekend, and I'm happy I didn't end up doing it with a tight chain. Don't need a leaky seal right off the bat

• Like 1

Just now, thebreezeexc said:

It's all good! I have been to busy to check over all the specs with a 2.5 week baby at home so good catch. I'm hoping to get this thing out for a good rip this weekend, and I'm happy I didn't end up doing it with a tight chain. Don't need a leaky seal right off the bat

LOL,  Congrats (presumably) on the baby.

Its funny....I finally decided to buy a dirt bike again after my son was born 2 years ago.  Having a kid motivates you to really make time for yourself and go ride regardless!!

For sure. Im new to bikes (been riding 2.5 years) but I have been a mountain snowmobiling addict for the past 9 years. Thank god my baby momma;) is supportive of me riding. Everyone told me to sell all my toys because of the baby.... 6 days after my daughter was born, baby momma sent me to the KTM dealership with permission to pick up a 2018 xcw 300 to put next to my '15 350 exc.... I'm a lucky dad!

• Like 1