Case bolt snapped

I usually try reverse drill bit about half the size of the broken bolt.  Center punch run drill slow and straight turning counterclockwise and usually they will eventually turn out.  If it doesn't then use easyout in the hole that you made.  Don't put a lot of torque on the easy out as they are brittle and will snap and are hard to drill if you break it off in the hole.

Remember to add penetrating oil. Also, rapping on it with a hammer works wonders. If tight, heat with heat gun before trying to back it out.

I've used these A LOT, and they work fantastic. If the size they recommend doesn't work, go up in size. Sometimes the bolt breaks off and screws out at the depth of the hole they have you drill, which is fine. Just repeat the process until you get all the pieces of the bolt out. Just remember to run the drill in reverse for everything, drilling and extraction.

Alden 1007P 10 Piece Master Extractor Kit - http://a.co/hIyuZXb

51dmVBIURPL.jpg

yup got the same kit but I normally win just running a reverse drill bit.

For the amount of trouble, time and possibility of causing even worse damage to really expensive parts, just split the cases again. I know its a pain in the ass, but you only need to split off the left side. The trans, clutch and all that can stay in the left side. Basically you pull the top end, the shifter and the flywheel etc..pull the left side case, fix your bolt, put it back. It an afternoon and 50 bucks in gaskets. If you're careful, you may get lucky with the gaskets.

For the amount of trouble, time and possibility of causing even worse damage to really expensive parts, just split the cases again. I know its a pain in the ass, but you only need to split off the left side. The trans, clutch and all that can stay in the left side. Basically you pull the top end, the shifter and the flywheel etc..pull the left side case, fix your bolt, put it back. It an afternoon and 50 bucks in gaskets. If you're careful, you may get lucky with the gaskets.

We did this we snapped it on assembly after doing bottom end so didn't have to take much off

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using ThumperTalk mobile app