Drz s to sm or new bike

I have 12xxx miles on my drz400 and was wondering if its time that stuff starts breaking or not cause i have the s model and kinda want supermoto rims. Should i invest in rims or a new bike. 

From my experience, how a bike is maintained is more important than the total mileage. If your bike is in good condition then there is no reason to suspect that things will begin to fail. Wheels and tires (also consider a BBK) will run you over $1,000. Have you maintained your bike where you'd feel comfortable making that type of investment in it?

5 minutes ago, Gary in NJ said:

From my experience, how a bike is maintained is more important than the total mileage. If your bike is in good condition then there is no reason to suspect that things will begin to fail. Wheels and tires (also consider a BBK) will run you over $1,000. Have you maintained your bike where you'd feel comfortable making that type of investment in it?

Oil change every 1000 miles. Had a noise but i figure out it was the skid plate...

Just now, Drewbwislock said:

Oil change every 1000 miles. Had a noise but i figure out it was the skid plate...

It has a new stator 

A new bike is going to cost you more than the $1000-$1500 it will cost to convert to SM. Plus you will still have your S rims so you will have two bikes in one. If your bike is in good shape and has been maintained, I would go with the rims.