Full Wrap Hand-guards

Yes I agree. I've done that a few times, once without them, and let's just say I had 2 broken fingers. Now I don't go in the woods without them

I think it's only fair for you to post the link to this particular riders helmetcam that explains in grave detail why we must pay attention to our surroundings whilst we be in the woods as well...

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

Looked like it knocked him out cold for a second. 

I haven't found any that fit on my bars (which I'm only guessing are oem), along with all the streetie-legal goodies (mirrors, switch cluster, etc).  Anyone have a recommendation?

52 minutes ago, HONDA500AF said:

I think it's only fair for you to post the link to this particular riders helmetcam that explains in grave detail why we must pay attention to our surroundings whilst we be in the woods as well...

I will look for his Greatest Hits video a put a link up tomorrow.

I had to customize my cycra probends and fab my own mounts to make them work on my bike. Get creative and make what you need.

I haven't found any that fit on my bars (which I'm only guessing are oem), along with all the streetie-legal goodies (mirrors, switch cluster, etc).  Anyone have a recommendation?

I use flex bars so it's a different mounting system altogether but before that I used the mounts that bolt to the top triple clamp. You just need to source longer bolts. Also, I haven't used a single set of cycras that I didn't have to "pro bend" with either a vise or the receiver hitch on my truck...for what it's worth...lol... hope you find some good answers.

12 hours ago, ITLKSEZ said:

Looked like it knocked him out cold for a second.

No, didn't knock me out, that's just my usual "ragdoll" form after hitting a tree. You might say I've perfected it after many years of case study.

Fwiw I use cheap Chinese full wrap hand guards that can be found on eBay for $25 brand new. I love them. They slip a lot less than my cycras used to.

20 hours ago, BLBNGR said:

nothing aftermarket fits, you always have to modify something which then complicates something else and on and on....

8 hours ago, Rider 41 said:

No, didn't knock me out, that's just my usual "ragdoll" form after hitting a tree. You might say I've perfected it after many years of case study.

Quit hitting trees... 

Take them off if you happen onto an mx track

Sent from my SM-G900V using ThumperTalk mobile app

I have Cycra guards that are supposedly designed for Flexx bars.  Evidently Cycra didn't have the money to spring the $349 for an actual set of Flexx bars to test them on, hence the need to bend and bang the #$% out of them to make them fit.

6 hours ago, chezdude said:

I have Cycra guards that are supposedly designed for Flexx bars.  Evidently Cycra didn't have the money to spring the $349 for an actual set of Flexx bars to test them on, hence the need to bend and bang the #$% out of them to make them fit.

That's why they call them "pro bend"... you gotta bend em like a pro.

Honestly they're expensive enough to begin with, if they custm made guards for each brand they'd be $250 and you'd never find the right ones. Try finding anything for a 1995 motorcycle... impossible, so i improvise a lot. I bent, twisted, went to the hardware store, and finally scrounged the spacers from a tv wall mount to make mine work... but it looks professional. 

On 8/5/2017 at 10:46 PM, chezdude said:

This is why full wrap hand-guards are a must for woods riders.  https://youtu.be/EoPnyzy3H6g

I can personally agree. I was able to keep standing though.....

Take them off if you happen onto an mx track

Sent from my SM-G900V using ThumperTalk mobile app

I prefer to leave them on when I hit the track. Just a little added protection from a little spill because every time I don't have them on and take a spill my levers always break off lol
On 8/5/2017 at 8:48 PM, BLBNGR said:

I run the Highway Dirt Bike hand guards on my 500 and so do all my buddies. PM me if your interested in a set and I can help. 

IMG_4671.JPG

4 hours ago, ThanktheFrank said:

I can personally agree. I was able to keep standing though.....

LOL, your buddy nonchalantly rolls by :lol:

oh, that was great

12 hours ago, nailit69 said:

That's why they call them "pro bend"... you gotta bend em like a pro.

Honestly they're expensive enough to begin with, if they custm made guards for each brand they'd be $250 and you'd never find the right ones. Try finding anything for a 1995 motorcycle... impossible, so i improvise a lot. I bent, twisted, went to the hardware store, and finally scrounged the spacers from a tv wall mount to make mine work... but it looks professional. 

i would agree, but they advertise them being specifically for Flexx bars.  There isn't enough variation in the Flexx styles to account for them not being nearly an exact fit.  It's like they didn't even try.