Hi , i am interested to buy a kx250 , the owner mention that the bike is totally fine and piston changed 20hours ago . the only thing that need to be done is rearbrake . is this bike worth buying !? it will cost me 1800$ and another 200$ for fixing the brake (totall 2000$). 

are Kawasaki good 2stoke bike compare to suzuki or yamaha !? 

7405269044.jpg

fb0c7587-b766-48d5-a91b-6b6e8a42834f.jpeg

Something about a blue kawasaki just ain't right . If it's in decent shape that's a fair price for a 05 but you need to look it over good I can see by the pic it needs a chain and sprockets just by the lil bit I can see . And as far as being as good as other 250 depends on who you ask but they can be good bikes

Sent from my Moto G (4) using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Greenwrench said:

Something about a blue kawasaki just ain't right . If it's in decent shape that's a fair price for a 05 but you need to look it over good I can see by the pic it needs a chain and sprockets just by the lil bit I can see . And as far as being as good as other 250 depends on who you ask but they can be good bikes

is this price good for kx250 or its overprised considering the maintnance it need (rear-brake system and chain and sprocket) !? 

is this price good for kx250 or its overprised considering the maintnance it need (rear-brake system and chain and sprocket) !? 

It depends on your area I would say average price around here for something like that would be 2000$ -2400 right now that would be in good shape. If it was me I would try to get it for 1500

• Like 1

a new rear rotor should be under $100 and new chain and sprockets can be had for a little over a 100.  That would be a great deal in my area if the bikes in good shape.  Its still a pretty good deal if it needs some work IMO.  Its hard to find used bikes that were maintained well, i'd say about 1 in every 10 is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenwrench said:

It depends on your area I would say average price around here for something like that would be 2000$ -2400 right now that would be in good shape. If it was me I would try to get it for 1500

9 minutes ago, DylDog said:

a new rear rotor should be under $100 and new chain and sprockets can be had for a little over a 100.  That would be a great deal in my area if the bikes in good shape.  Its still a pretty good deal if it needs some work IMO.  Its hard to find used bikes that were maintained well, i'd say about 1 in every 10 is.

i can discuss him to lower the price.

i will go and check it next weekend(is there anything special to check on 250 bikes )!?. i hope fixing and finding spare part be easy for this bike.

Yes you will be able to get parts for that pretty easy . Look at the engine cases good ...lay the bike on its side and look all over for obvious damage or welds . I always like to pull the seat and look at the air filter that will give you a good idea if it's been maintained . Make sure the trains oil doesn't have milky oil . And check fork seals . Negotiate ...

• Like 1

Finding most parts won't be a problem. There are some specific parts that can be hard to come by but they aren't usually wear and tear parts (swingarm airbox/boot). Check for play in the swingarm/linkage by lifting real wheel with bike on stand. Any movent that doesn't move linkage/shock means you need new bearings in there somewhere. Make sure the chain tensioners work properly they were easily to seize and strip on these bikes. Check for play in wheel bearings, leaky countershaft seal, blown fork seals etc..

Sent from my Moto G Play using ThumperTalk mobile app

15 minutes ago, DylDog said:

Finding most parts won't be a problem. There are some specific parts that can be hard to come by but they aren't usually wear and tear parts (swingarm airbox/boot). Check for play in the swingarm/linkage by lifting real wheel with bike on stand. Any movent that doesn't move linkage/shock means you need new bearings in there somewhere. Make sure the chain tensioners work properly they were easily to seize and strip on these bikes. Check for play in wheel bearings, leaky countershaft seal, blown fork seals etc..

tanx , i will check them . 

Almost no one on here will know what a good price is in Sweden.

The rear brake caliper is broken. It needs to be replaced. As mentioned, the chain and sprockets are shot. If the owner did not have the money or desire to keep decent sprockets and chain on it, I would wonder where else did he skip maintenance. ABSOLUTELY look at the air filter! 10 mm heads on the two seat bolts, pull slightly up and slide rearward.

Doh! Was focus on rotor not caliper. Used caliper should be fairly cheap but everything kdx said about neglect is true.

• Like 1

The rear brake caliper is broken. It needs to be replaced. As mentioned, the chain and sprockets are shot. If the owner did not have the money or desire to keep decent sprockets and chain on it, I would wonder where else did he skip maintenance. ABSOLUTELY look at the air filter! 10 mm heads on the two seat bolts, pull slightly up and slide rearward.

Tanx dude , i didnt tought about it in this way :/ ... if someone dosent have desire to fix simple thing he/she will skip the other thing and kill the bike before sale :/ .

Sent from my SM-G925F using ThumperTalk mobile app

Sent from my SM-G925F using ThumperTalk mobile app

20 hours ago, DylDog said:

Doh! Was focus on rotor not caliper. Used caliper should be fairly cheap but everything kdx said about neglect is true.

20 hours ago, KDXGarage said:

23 hours ago, DylDog said:

23 hours ago, Greenwrench said:

Yes you will be able to get parts for that pretty easy . Look at the engine cases good ...lay the bike on its side and look all over for obvious damage or welds . I always like to pull the seat and look at the air filter that will give you a good idea if it's been maintained . Make sure the trains oil doesn't have milky oil . And check fork seals . Negotiate ...

I asked the owner for more info and picture : he said that the piston changed by previous owner . i told him the front and back sprocket need to be replaced , but he insist that they are fine :)) and can go another season . here i add new photo he send for me . 

02af0649-b0c0-4960-a169-a64a6949b81c.jpeg

ad76829a-d7d9-40d0-aace-a3f84959e780.jpeg

db293c78-4ef0-48f2-ab51-7a060681513b.jpeg

fb0c7587-b766-48d5-a91b-6b6e8a42834f.jpeg

Just now, KDXGarage said:

CAREFUL!!! Those footpegs look sharp!

That clutch cover shows it has been ridden A LOT!

yes , i wonder even he goes down to 1400 dollars is not worth going and checking this bike !? or !?

I'd walk away from this one. Just look at how the caliper was rigged up. Imagine what other shoddy repairs were performed over the years.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:14 PM, Greenwrench said:

Ya that radiator hose to the water pump says I have alot of hours . And with it not having a record of hours on the piston I would plan on a top end.

34 minutes ago, MatthewMCRepair said:

I'd walk away from this one. Just look at how the caliper was rigged up. Imagine what other shoddy repairs were performed over the years.

On 8/6/2017 at 7:56 PM, KDXGarage said:

yep, thats true , you all are right i will check everything in detail ...

i can call him tomorrow and ask him to reduce the price to 900$,  so i can do lots of repair.  

but is kx250 fun bike to ride in trail and enduro is it worth putting time for maintenance and of course money !?