This is as close as I can get the timing mark...acceptable?

It's a 2003 and has had a lot of wear and tear in Senegal. Just had the head done by Fastheads, putting it back together and the "1" mark wasn't perfectly aligning with the top surface of the head, wasn't sure if I should be concerned about a stretched timing chain.

Edited by segge

It was just their General Head Service (head cleaned up, seats cut, and reassembled with new intake valves, and new guide seals) nothing else mentioned by them. I just asked for the basics to get the bike back in reasonable condition so wouldn't think so.

Assuming the maker line (not the T) is perfectly lined up on the flywheel with the case, the timing marks on the cams are "slow".   (Cam timing is said to be retarded because it occurs late relative to crankshaft position).  Yes, the cam chain is probably warn. Does it matter? hard to say.  It will certainly run like that.

1 hour ago, Noble said:

Assuming the maker line (not the T) is perfectly lined up on the flywheel with the case, the timing marks on the cams are "slow".   (Cam timing is said to be retarded because it occurs late relative to crankshaft position).  Yes, the cam chain is probably warn. Does it matter? hard to say.  It will certainly run like that.

No idea on the history of the bike...therefore I will assume the cam chain is old. Just an old guy using the bike for weekend jaunts up the coast to camp. In your opinion, how much change in performance might I see if I changed the cam chain?