NW_drZ

Is spooge just part of the game?

70 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, mtnmanseth said:

Interesting... my best riding buddy has a '17 300RR w oil injection and his bike spooges A LOT more than my '17 300 Race w/o oil injection.  We thought it would be opposite.  He's running Motul 710 in the oil tank, just like I am in my gas (50:1).  Back at the truck his pipe has a black snot line nearly all the way down and mine has a thin ring of spooge just around the silencer opening.  Stock jetting in both bikes.  Obviously, same atmospheric conditions.  I don't get it. 

Ya I'm running the 710 in my oil injection as well.  Mine sounds pretty close to your buddies.  A thin line going down about half the silencer.  I would of guessed the oil injected bikes would spooge less.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, mtnmanseth said:

Interesting... my best riding buddy has a '17 300RR w oil injection and his bike spooges A LOT more than my '17 300 Race w/o oil injection.  We thought it would be opposite.  He's running Motul 710 in the oil tank, just like I am in my gas (50:1).  Back at the truck his pipe has a black snot line nearly all the way down and mine has a thin ring of spooge just around the silencer opening.  Stock jetting in both bikes.  Obviously, same atmospheric conditions.  I don't get it. 

The spooge has nothing to do with it being injected or not, spooge is a result of rich jetting. The difference in spooge between your bike and your buddies is most likely a difference of who's on the throttle more.

Edited by silver_fox
4 people like this

Look in the Yamaha twostroke section there's a thread on oils.  Find a oil with a lower flash point and your spooge will clear up probably.  If you're on the gas there never will be spooge 

The spooge has nothing to do with it being injected or not, spooge is a result of rich jetting. The difference in spooge between your bike and your buddies is most likely a difference of who's on the throttle more.

What are you trying to say dude?! I'm slow??! ;)
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

What are you trying to say dude?! I'm slow??! ;)

Haha ... well no. The post I replied to wasn't even yours. But since you brought it up, are you slow??

55 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Look in the Yamaha twostroke section there's a thread on oils.  Find a oil with a lower flash point and your spooge will clear up probably.  If you're on the gas there never will be spooge 

If jetted rich there will be spooge even when on the gas, probably more so.

1 person likes this

i was OI running 710 and changed to pre-mix 800, (300rr) i sploodge the same, after changing to JD jet the sploodge was also the same. Although only my main jet got leaner my pilot stayed the same. The spark plug looks right and bike feels good. Only cost me a paper napkin each ride to wipe that ish off :) im def not WOT

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, silver_fox said:

If jetted rich there will be spooge even when on the gas, probably more so.

If you say so. But if it's stock jetting and the person is on the gas there will be no spooge.  I mean B-A class mx racing.  I've raced many new bikes with stock jetting always gray powder at exhaust if race feul,  black powder pump gas.  That's with 927 very high flash point. But i see this is for Beta so ya don't know nothing about them. Carry on 

Edited by Motox367
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

If you say so. But if it's stock jetting and the person is on the gas there will be no spooge.  I mean B-A class mx racing.  I've raced many new bikes with stock jetting always gray powder at exhaust if race feul,  black powder pump gas.  That's with 927 very high flash point. 

Your argument is correct only if stock jetting is the correct jetting for your elevation and atmospheric conditions. Is stock jetting set up for every elevation, temperature and humidity? 

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, silver_fox said:

Your argument is correct only if stock jetting is the correct jetting for your elevation and atmospheric conditions. Is stock jetting set up for every elevation, temperature and humidity? 

Apparently not . Must just be for here in upstate Ny didn't see any spooge today at practice track 

Edited by Motox367
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Spooge is minor... especially for the technical rides . If the bike is running good is all that matters to me.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
1 person likes this

No spooge on my non oil-injected 300. Mix of very slow technical trails and more flowing stuff. If I get on the throttle hard after a slow section, it will leave a ring of spooge around the edge of the silencer, but no drips/runs whatsoever.

I found it was the oil for me (15 300RR) I had spooge when using Motul 2 Stroke Oil, moved to Lucas Oil, no more spooge same jetting. A bit weird.

When using the Motul I leaned up a bit by moving my needle up a clip from stock, reduced the spooge.

Posted (edited)

My wife's Xtrainer has more spooge with her OI than my Race Edition does running 50:1 and it's even jetted a bit fat (the RR that is).

I was surprised that even with the OI it still loads up a bit when riding slow (where my RR RE does not).

Edited by Goatse

17 Xtrainer uncorked, FMF pipe and rejetted. Ring around silencer with 710. Dribbles with Klotz. As mentioned before, the flashpoint of the oil and how hard the engine is ridden( heat) has as much of an effect as overall jetting.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

On 09/08/2017 at 10:32 PM, mtnmanseth said:

I use the cheapest motorcycle two stroke oil I can find, about £20 for 5 litres. No spooge whatsoever, bike is still running as good as new. I think the ol system over oils, there is a way of adjusting the oil ratio of the oil injection, I just prefer less weight and no worries running pre mix. 

On 8/7/2017 at 4:58 AM, NW_drZ said:

Im not super savy in the 2 stroke world and am curious about this.  My 17' 250RR does spooge.  On the warmer days it usually ends up with a line about half way down the silencer. To me the bike runs great and i have no complaints with its power and how it produces it.  I generally run at sea level to about 1000ft or so.  The jetting is completely stock.  Only other mod is the FMF shorty silencer with the spark arrester.  Oil injected using the MOTUL 710.  Just curious what you guys think.  

Lugging yes.

On 8/10/2017 at 2:24 AM, Jabiru said:

I found it was the oil for me (15 300RR) I had spooge when using Motul 2 Stroke Oil, moved to Lucas Oil, no more spooge same jetting. A bit weird.

I found the same to be true on my 15 300, always had spooge with the Motul @50:1, on all my bikes regardless of brand and jetting.  I then moved to Lucas semi synthetic 40:1 and there is zero spooge, It actually had me worried so I picked up a gallon of BelRay H1-R to try next at 50:1

to the OP ,

a little spooge is ok ( maybe 1 or 2 inches out silencer ) after a long ride

i can ride my kx for 2-3 hours slow technical stuff hot or cold weather and get zero spooge just a slight ring at tip of exhaust

why ?........ low flash point oil and jetted well , stock jetting on bikes are always rich at sea level and 70-80 degrees

Mine has been unpredictable. Ended up raising the clip and dropping the needle. From factory it came in the 3rd position so I raised it to the 2nd. The following ride in 80 degree weather I got very little spooge. The next ride after that in 65 degree weather (same area). I got a good amount down the silencer. That confused me considering the temp was cooler. May try different oil when the motul runs out. I figured since it's about to get colder I probably shouldn't lean the bike out more.