Suspension Work - Everett (or north)

Anyone know of a suspension shop in the Everett area or slightly north? Prefer a smaller shop / owner operator

Dave Forbes at Evo in Bothell does good work. 425 218 0741

I've used both Evo and Moto Pro and prefer Evo.

On 8/6/2017 at 1:03 PM, wrsanford said:

Anyone know of a suspension shop in the Everett area or slightly north? Prefer a smaller shop / owner operator

What kind of bike? It makes a difference.

Wr250f. I rode a buddy's bike over the weekend that was set up for 200lb dude and it felt WAY more planted. I'm new to this so I'm learning what feels right.... my bike felt like slush comparatively

Les at LTR is semi-local to you. My highest recommendation.

I have used both Moto-Pro and LT Racing, and at my skill level I couldn't tell a difference between the two. Both have great customer service, decent turnaround time, and quality work. I would recommend either Jon or Les.

Plus one for Evo in Mill Creek!

ive used devol,race tech,ltr,motopro,myself and a couple of buddies. but oldman dick at dirtworks recently fixed one that one of the prviuosly mentioned had made almost unridable after two tries. dirtworks got it rite 1st try.

Precision concepts, Riverside ca

Sent from my SM-G900V using ThumperTalk mobile app

On 8/8/2017 at 9:16 PM, campdirt said:

ive used devol,race tech,ltr,motopro,myself and a couple of buddies. but oldman dick at dirtworks recently fixed one that one of the prviuosly mentioned had made almost unridable after two tries. dirtworks got it rite 1st try.

Plus 1 for The Dirt Works in Tacoma. Dick does it best! 

Anyone else dealt with pinnacle out of Monroe? Thinking about heading that direction

EVO everytime.  They stand behind there work and usually get it right on the first try.  

Sheets at TBT, every single Yamaha I've ridden with his suspension is magical... 

I’m going to pinnacle will write up after. Thanks all for thebinput

9 minutes ago, wrsanford said:

I’m going to pinnacle will write up after. Thanks all for thebinput

I had Pinnacle revalve my suspension on my yz250. Quick turnaround, very friendly guy. I'm happy with it. But I've never had suspension setup by anyone before so I have nothing to compare it to. 

Ended up going to motopro.
Haven’t ridden the bike yet (just picked it up yesterday) but wanted to offer experience with John.
To start he’s just a cool dude. Super mellow but gets way jacked up talking about bikes. It’s funny as hell to hear a 60year old guy explain suspension and throw in a random BRRRRRAPPP here and there.
Communication with him was great while he was in work, and upon pick up I learned more about suspension than I really wanted to. As a novice, I think paying the money to get good information is key. I got a full tutorial on my set up, steps for fine tuning if needed and a lot of knowledge on how the system works.
He isn’t free or cheap but I’m of the school that you get what you pay for.
I’m excited to ride the new set up and maybe my tune will change but my gut tells me that even if it sucked John is the kind of guy that would work with me to get it right.
Should be known that I have NO clue what right even feels like at this point.... but at least I have the vocabulary and general understand now to communicate what feels “off”

9 minutes ago, wrsanford said:

Ended up going to motopro.
Haven’t ridden the bike yet (just picked it up yesterday) but wanted to offer experience with John.
To start he’s just a cool dude. Super mellow but gets way jacked up talking about bikes. It’s funny as hell to hear a 60year old guy explain suspension and throw in a random BRRRRRAPPP here and there.
Communication with him was great while he was in work, and upon pick up I learned more about suspension than I really wanted to. As a novice, I think paying the money to get good information is key. I got a full tutorial on my set up, steps for fine tuning if needed and a lot of knowledge on how the system works.
He isn’t free or cheap but I’m of the school that you get what you pay for.
I’m excited to ride the new set up and maybe my tune will change but my gut tells me that even if it sucked John is the kind of guy that would work with me to get it right.
Should be known that I have NO clue what right even feels like at this point.... but at least I have the vocabulary and general understand now to communicate what feels “off”

I'm super picky and have had not so good experience with other tuners.  But John and Les both never disappoint.  Glad you went and got it done, I agree, his wisdom and knowledge is worth the money. 

2 rides on new set up. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t just chalking it up to excitement.
Being new to this whole sport I didn’t know any better. If I’m being honest I got the suspension done because I really just wanted to pump some funds into the bike. Best money spent ever.
My bike can now be described as a Velcro caterpillar. It soaks up the little stuff that used to toss me around, and is generally way more forgiving. I now know how a “whoop” is supposed to feel :)
I’d happily spend the money again.