Bradenton area questions

Just picked up a 2012 rmz450.  I'm just getting back into riding after a few years off.

What tires are you guys running for fl track and trails, or Tampa mx?  

Whos the go to local suspension guy?  I have had past bikes done by six12, and pro action.  Any recommendations?  

Are there any other areas to ride around here?  Seems like at least an hourish drive either way to have a place to ride. 

I personally use Dunlop 3s tires for most tracks around Central Florida... however on a 450, you'll wear those out pretty quick if you're on a hard pack track like Tampa MX or WildWood. For tracks like that... if you want your tires to last a little longer, go with an intermediate compound, like a Dunlop 52. You'll sacrifice a little bit of grip for better longevity. Softer tracks like FTT, Dade City, Orlando, Bithlo, or Bostwick, you would want to use a 3s...

• Like 2

Is six12 still doing suspension?  I tried looking him up and didn't find any info.  He did my last bike I had.  I was hoping for something even closer to Bradenton.  Wanted to ride Florida tracks and trails again tomorrow.  The fork seals are leaking pretty bad though lol, small puddles in the garage.  Maybe one more ride day will be alright on them.  

He is. His number is (813) 714-2038. I don't know any other guys that are closer to Brandenton. Just pay attention when you ride with that going on, your suspension is going to feel non-existent and uncomfortable. Need to make my way down to FTT, looks sick! Is it expensive to ride there?

42 minutes ago, Scott Meshey 141 said:

He is. His number is (813) 714-2038. I don't know any other guys that are closer to Brandenton. Just pay attention when you ride with that going on, your suspension is going to feel non-existent and uncomfortable. Need to make my way down to FTT, looks sick! Is it expensive to ride there?

I think it's like $30.  But I'm military so it's $26 for me.  They keep the pro track closed because the rain washes the jumps out, but the am track alone is super nice.  Thanks for the info man!

• Like 1