Jetting, extended fuel screw

Could use some help 2017 crf230f Uncorked 45 pilot 132 Main Jets have done air cutoff mod Mike still has dead spot off idle think I need extended fuel screw for easier adjustment where can I get one or should I go down to 120 Main Jet thanks for all your help

Yes on the 120 main.
Must Set the float level properly.
Add two 3mm flat washers under the clip on the needle with the clip in the bottom slot.
Adjust idle mixture screw for highest idle speed next, the set your base idle speed where you like it best.

Then enjoy.

Brass tube from hobby store, solder.

Slow reply on update sorry guys 48 pilot 120 Main PowerUp needle fourth position air cut off mod high flow filter still dead spot off idle has anyone had to go to a 50 pilot thanks for the help

52 minutes ago, Darron Posey said:

Slow reply on update sorry guys 48 pilot 120 Main PowerUp needle fourth position air cut off mod high flow filter still dead spot off idle has anyone had to go to a 50 pilot thanks for the help

Most all work best with a 45 -- Only a few need a 48.  If you have a dead spot I suggest you start by checking for proper float level.  I have never ridden a properly-jetted CRF230 with any sort of dead or weak spot.

The power up needle is a little lean with a 120 main. Get a needle from an 03-05.

7 minutes ago, Confederate said:

The power up needle is a little lean with a 120 main. Get a needle from an 03-05.

I used both 2003-2005 needle and "Full Power" needle with 48 pilot and there was no difference in my case.  Both needed 48 and performed the same in the area he is having trouble with.  I am guessing low float level.

Edited by VortecCPI

Has gotten better with 48. But still at 3 turns on fuel screw from idle to wot it will die or bog then open up. Half choke revs great. Have never had float cause off idle issue. If that's the case with these bikes will try that next. Bike runs great otherwise.

Your waisting valuable riding time .
Set the float properly and then start riding & smiling.

IMG_1527.jpg

Use the 05-older needle
The so called "power up " needle is a waist of time.

IMG_1774.jpg

44 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

Your waisting valuable riding time .
Set the float properly and then start riding & smiling.

IMG_1527.jpg

Use the 05-older needle
The so called "power up " needle is a waist of time.

IMG_1774.jpg

The OP would be wise to follow this advise. I tried to make the (full power) needle work as many have and it just is to lean. Sounds like you could have a air leak causing your pilot circuit to need a larger jet . When I used the stock carb 45 pilot 06 needle with two 3mm washers under it and 120-122 main. That's the best setting everyone has come up with.  

Already checked for air leak. What are specs on float setting or method if you don't have tool pictured above

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

Make it even with the top of the float bowl but no higher than the gasket surface of the carb.
Then if you want it to run perfectly for your average outside air temperature and average elevation that you ride in you must adjust the idle mixture screw for the highest idle speed and then set your base idle speed where you like it best.
You my friend would be an excellent candidate to own and read a genuine Factory Honda OEM shop manual.
It even has many usable photos and lots of answers to even your most basic questions.

Get one on E Bay and study it.

Thanks for all the info. These new bikes seem alot more finicky than my old race bikes did. I guess all the emissions and factory lean conditions don't help. Thanks again everyone.  Will update after float and fuel screw re-adjustment 

Thanks for all the info. These new bikes seem alot more finicky than my old race bikes did. I guess all the emissions and factory lean conditions don't help. Thanks again everyone.  Will update after float and fuel screw re-adjustment 

Good luck, Enjoy:
have fun laughing under your helmet while your riding....
your efforts will be more than worth it in the end.