2001 cr250 footpeg bracket mod

Can someone please tell me what is the distance of the two mounting holes of the footpeg bracket on 02+ cr250? My 01 brackets are junk and they are discontinued from Honda so I have to find other options

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using ThumperTalk mobile app

I bought a set of '04 CRF450R pegs off E-bay for my '01 Honda CR250R. They were a direct bolt on for me. I bought them because they were anodized red and I wanted them for my bike and just like you are seeing, there's not much out there for the '01's... I figured I would have to modify them to work, but they went right on. I did notice that the right side peg was angled a little differently but for hare scramble racing, it made no difference. If I were going to be jumping, I would not trust them. Your experience may vary so buyer beware.

I bought a set of '04 CRF450R pegs off E-bay for my '01 Honda CR250R. They were a direct bolt on for me. I bought them because they were anodized red and I wanted them for my bike and just like you are seeing, there's not much out there for the '01's... I figured I would have to modify them to work, but they went right on. I did notice that the right side peg was angled a little differently but for hare scramble racing, it made no difference. If I were going to be jumping, I would not trust them. Your experience may vary so buyer beware.

Thank you I took a chance and ordered one bracket to check for fitment if it does fit I'll order the other side. Thank you for the reply

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using ThumperTalk mobile app

No problem! I hope they work out for you!

Brackets won't fit from a new model.  I tried this using one of my friends brackets as I had the same issue.  My pin and pin hole were womped out so I ended up going up just one drill size on the peg and bracket to make it a circle again and am running mcmaster pins.  I just do harescrambles so I'm not worried about non OEM pins shearing, even if I was jumping I wouldn't worry about it. 

Lil update guys I got the bracket from the dealer but it doesn't fit on one hole the angles seem to be good though. Time for some design... I'll make a thread of the conversion.

When you say "brackets" are you referring to the actual pieces that bolt to the frame? When I put my '04 CRF450R foot pegs on, I just used the factory '01 CR250 brackets, and then put just the foot pegs onto my existing factory brackets. I hope I did not add any confusion. I thought we were just talking about later model foot pegs.

3 hours ago, Kawabuggy said:

When you say "brackets" are you referring to the actual pieces that bolt to the frame? When I put my '04 CRF450R foot pegs on, I just used the factory '01 CR250 brackets, and then put just the foot pegs onto my existing factory brackets. I hope I did not add any confusion. I thought we were just talking about later model foot pegs.

Yes I am talking about the piece that bolt to the frame but I am actually doing a conversion to retrofit the 02+ footpeg mounts on 01 cr250r I sent some parts to a machine shop to get them machined and I'm also using a stainless steel bar to act as the 02+ spacer that is on the frame.

I prolly have some spares