Won't Start

Hi All, I am trying to find ideas of why my 2010 CRF 250R will not start. When we first bought the bike we went for a ride and had no issues, we got home and washed it and it seemed to have gotten water somewhere on the electronics and did not start for a couple of days. We let it air out and sprayed with inox and it started fine. You can ride through water and it will not have any problems, but once it gets washed it will sometimes start but not every time. The bike has about 65 Hours on it, The last ride i had it stalled on me going up a hill and it would not idle anymore. We took it to the local motorcycle shop and got the valves shimmed and cleaned out the fuel tank, fuel filter and fuel pump got a new spark plug and it idled fine without any trouble. We have just rebuilt the water pump and put it all back together and once again the bike would not start. Pulled the spark plug out as we thought the bike may have fouled the brand new spark plug and replaced it with an older one and it started fine. Put the other plug we just took out of it back in and  it started again, so we kept that plug in and now it will not start again. What could be occurring this to happen? We know it has spark and that it's not starving for fuel.

Reminder: Valves just done, Cleaned fuel pump/Filter & New plug.

8 hours ago, Lodgey said:

Hi All, I am trying to find ideas of why my 2010 CRF 250R will not start. When we first bought the bike we went for a ride and had no issues, we got home and washed it and it seemed to have gotten water somewhere on the electronics and did not start for a couple of days. We let it air out and sprayed with inox and it started fine. You can ride through water and it will not have any problems, but once it gets washed it will sometimes start but not every time. The bike has about 65 Hours on it, The last ride i had it stalled on me going up a hill and it would not idle anymore. We took it to the local motorcycle shop and got the valves shimmed and cleaned out the fuel tank, fuel filter and fuel pump got a new spark plug and it idled fine without any trouble. We have just rebuilt the water pump and put it all back together and once again the bike would not start. Pulled the spark plug out as we thought the bike may have fouled the brand new spark plug and replaced it with an older one and it started fine. Put the other plug we just took out of it back in and  it started again, so we kept that plug in and now it will not start again. What could be occurring this to happen? We know it has spark and that it's not starving for fuel.

Reminder: Valves just done, Cleaned fuel pump/Filter & New plug.

Sounds like EFI recipe is jacked?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mark Frampton said:

Sounds like EFI recipe is jacked?

Thank you very much, will look into that.