FC350 Owners....

So I'm pretty interested in this bike and wanted to hear from anyone that owns it.  Not a ton of info/opinions out there on it, so I figured no harm in asking for some input. So, long-time Yamaha / Suzuki guy. I mostly run vet B/C motocross, which is open class. Currently on a current-gen YZ250F, which I love. Time for a new bike after this year and the 18 YZ450F, 18 RMZ450 and 17-18 FC350 are my front runners. I've wanted a KTM 350 since they came out but haven't ever felt confident enough to pull the trigger. I like everything the 250F has to offer (great handling, fun motor, light feeling etc). I would like a little bit more motor but not sure I'll enjoy giving up the trade-off of the added heft of the 450. Plus, the last time I had a 450 I got tired easier (sometimes). Now that I'm racing mostly an open class, I think the 350 would be good for some of the hilly tracks around here. I don't mind revving but I just would like a little more power on tap than my 250. So I can get a good deal on a FC 350 through a local dealership that I have a long relationship with. 

So as far as the FC, how do you like it? What was your previous bike and what type of riding? I'm going to be sticking with the 17 or 18, so it will have the AER fork. I've ridden a KTM with the 4CS (with work done) and it actually wasn't as bad as people claim. But it was also set-up nicely. But I heard the new fork is better. The fact that the 350 weighs about the same as my current 250 but with 14 more hp is very tempting. And like I said, I have no problem revving. The KTM 250f I recently rode had all of it's power up top, and I didn't mind it. I assume the valves stay in spec a little longer than a 250F but still closer to the 250f than the 450? I don't expect it to completely feel like a 250 as far as weight / handling but is it much easier to throw around than a 450? Any other info is welcome. Thanks for the input.

So I'm pretty interested in this bike and wanted to hear from anyone that owns it.  Not a ton of info/opinions out there on it, so I figured no harm in asking for some input. So, long-time Yamaha / Suzuki guy. I mostly run vet B/C motocross, which is open class. Currently on a current-gen YZ250F, which I love. Time for a new bike after this year and the 18 YZ450F, 18 RMZ450 and 17-18 FC350 are my front runners. I've wanted a KTM 350 since they came out but haven't ever felt confident enough to pull the trigger. I like everything the 250F has to offer (great handling, fun motor, light feeling etc). I would like a little bit more motor but not sure I'll enjoy giving up the trade-off of the added heft of the 450. Plus, the last time I had a 450 I got tired easier (sometimes). Now that I'm racing mostly an open class, I think the 350 would be good for some of the hilly tracks around here. I don't mind revving but I just would like a little more power on tap than my 250. So I can get a good deal on a FC 350 through a local dealership that I have a long relationship with. 
So as far as the FC, how do you like it? What was your previous bike and what type of riding? I'm going to be sticking with the 17 or 18, so it will have the AER fork. I've ridden a KTM with the 4CS (with work done) and it actually wasn't as bad as people claim. But it was also set-up nicely. But I heard the new fork is better. The fact that the 350 weighs about the same as my current 250 but with 14 more hp is very tempting. And like I said, I have no problem revving. The KTM 250f I recently rode had all of it's power up top, and I didn't mind it. I assume the valves stay in spec a little longer than a 250F but still closer to the 250f than the 450? I don't expect it to completely feel like a 250 as far as weight / handling but is it much easier to throw around than a 450? Any other info is welcome. Thanks for the input.

Love mine, very fast and handles like a dream. Definitely needed the FMF Ti upgrade and some minor tweaking but it hauls ass now.

I have the 2017 FC350 with AER fork and rear spring updated for my weight (dealer changed spring rate for me). This is the first bike I have not sent my suspension away to have done. Been trying different settings and found where I like it without sending to someone to revalve. (had 5 previous KTMs and could not get the suspension to work for me, even with sending them away and took a chance on the AER forks)

Vet fast C/mid pack B rider (with work schedule, don't race much, mostly hitting practice days). Came off 2016 CRF450 (previous 2014 CRF450). Also have a 2013 CRF250 which was modded. After getting worn down by 450s and wanting more from a 250, I bought the CRF used and went ahead with modding a head and getting a cam. After testing it for awhile, I went up to the 270cc kit (with modded head and cam, reprogrammed ECU). After having a chance to compare back to back against a modded race 250 (without a 270kit but same of everything else), the comparison was my bike has more torque out of corners and felt about the same on top end. With thoughts of “more”, bike was torn down again, and rebuilt to the 295cc. The added cc's gave it more everywhere. On the local track, lap times were same or better, difference was I could only do a few laps on 450 before being worn out, but the 250(295) could be rode all day and only feeling tired.

With the thoughts of high maintenance of a modded 250, I took the chance and got the FC350 (its still stock). It doesn't wear me out like a 450 and has more bottom end then 250, 270, 295 I had. The fun of riding has returned. When lazy, I can leave it in third and it will take me out of corners that the 250 could never do without a down shift. I might get tired from riding, but it doesn't wear me out like the 450.

So far, happy with the goldilock displacement bike which has 15hrs on it.

That is an amazing reply. Exactly what I was looking for. Sounds very similar to my experiences and actually what I was hoping to hear. I did the modded 250 thing with my last one, but I was always scared of it breaking and maintenance etc. The fact that you can still lug the 350 a bit more than a 250F sometimes, is nice to hear. Some of the reviews make it seem like you have to ride it like a 125. Of course, I realize that is where the powerband likes to be, but at the same time, it is good to hear that if needed it still has a little more down low than a typical 250F. I also wasn't sure that despite the light weight, if the rotating mass made it seem a lot heavier than a 250F. But if it isn't wearing you out like a 450 would, that is good to hear. Thank you, again, for that reply.

Any other input is welcome...bad and good. 

I've got a '15 and I love it!  My last machine was a YZ 450 and I had an incredible relationship with it.  It's an older '04 and I opted to hang on to it for a while as a "buddy bike" but yea, the FC350 is a huge upgrade for me and I can't say enough about the improved everything.  I was skeptical myself of a smaller motor but I have to say, I'm very impressed with it's power.  One benefit that I noticed right away was the lack of engine braking like the 450.  The 350 is much much smoother and you can rev the absolute crap out it.  I've been experimenting with the gearing a bit as I didn't really care for what came stock so much.  12 tooth is what I'm using currently and for the technical woods style of riding that I do, so far it's been perfect.   I am super impressed with the Husky FC 350 so far and can't wait to see what the next couple of years brings.  Suspension is also one of the best upgrades but again, mine is a '15 and has a different setup than the newer models.  Like others have said, riding is fun again with this bike.  You can ride the heck out of it without it beating you up or prematurely wearing you out.  That's my two cents, for whatever it's worth.

I have a 17 FC450 and am in the big belly crew. I have ridden a friend of mine's 17 KTM 350SXF. Had I ridden his bike first I would have bought a 350. Even with my size I don't feel like I would be at a disadvantage because I like the 350's power delivery. Throttle control in the corners is a no brainer. He added a Rekluse and now I believe it is the perfect motorcycle. The Rekluse is magic in bumpy, rutted turns.

Nice. I talked to my dealer and they have a 17 still in the crate. So I am supposed to hear some numbers from them this week. I am really leaning towards the 350 now, more than the other 2 450s I was considering. I'll report back, thanks.

I'm a vet B/C rider as well. Had a Pro Circuit built 2012 KX250F that just wasn't enough for my liking. I bought a 2016 FC350 never riding one before. I absolutely love the bike. I switched to the 2017 AER forks, threw on the full FMF titanium exhaust, and a 45 n/M spring for my weight (170lbs w/o gear). Latest mod was a Rekluse EXP 3.0 auto clutch, and now this thing is a beast on a moto track and on the trails. Drill the airbox out, and go up one or two teeth on the rear sprocket.