2008 Honda Foreman issue

Hello everyone. I recently acquired a nonrunning Foreman 500. it is a 2008 and when I bought it the quad had zero compassion. I replace the one top and including piston rings and a cylinder. Now that I put it back together I noticed when I spend the motor over using the pull start the cam does not sp it is a 2008 and when I bought it the quad had zero compassion. I replace the one top and including piston rings and a cylinder. Now that I put it back together I noticed when I spend the motor over using the pull start the cam does not spin.  I realized this when the pushrods would not move up and down when I cranked the motor over.  Not to familiar with these motors is there a cam chain that could've possibly snapped?  Thanks

That motor should be like most Honda quads and has a cam chain to run the cam/valve system. I believe it's in the bottom end so you will be looking at a motor removal and teardown to fix it. You can likely download a service manual from a Honda ATV website if you haven't done so already.

20 hours ago, doug the slug said:

That motor should be like most Honda quads and has a cam chain to run the cam/valve system. I believe it's in the bottom end so you will be looking at a motor removal and teardown to fix it. You can likely download a service manual from a Honda ATV website if you haven't done so already.

That's what I figured. Is it a normal crankcase setup and if so am I looking at splitting cases? Sorry not at all familiar with these Honda engines. Ill most likely be pulling the motor tomorrow. Has anyone heard of one of these foreman motors snapping a cam chain? Seems to be very uncommon. 

I recall doing one on an air cooled motor, the rear case cover had to be removed. Pretty sure you needed the motor out to make it easier. Don't remember that the cases needed splitting which would be good for you since then the top end doesn't need to come off again. Your quad isn't the liquid cooled Rubicon, is it? All the others would be air cooled which makes the work less complicated.