Twisted Engineering Handlebars WTF?!?!

I have 10 hrs ride time on my twisted engineering handlebars. I got bad arm pump and whiskey throttled a jump 160'+ to flat . Luckily I'm ok but I inspected my bike afterward and had a blown front spoke and also noticed some spider webbing/cracking in the front bars (left side only) I've been calling twisted engineering for 2 weeks now (over a dozen time), left 2 voicemails, sent an email, and still no response. What gives? They offer a warranty with their bars but I wonder if my bars are covered? I've had other crashes but only low speed low side in a turn, nothing high speed or that resulted in the bike flipping over. Currently, I'm not riding with them on as a precaution, but I do enjoy the reduced vibration and less soreness when I run these bars. Anyone know of a better way to reach Twisted Engineering, or why they aren't answering? 

1 hour ago, digarcia1987 said:

I have 10 hrs ride time on my twisted engineering handlebars. I got bad arm pump and whiskey throttled a jump 160'+ to flat . Luckily I'm ok but I inspected my bike afterward and had a blown front spoke and also noticed some spider webbing/cracking in the front bars (left side only) I've been calling twisted engineering for 2 weeks now (over a dozen time), left 2 voicemails, sent an email, and still no response. What gives? They offer a warranty with their bars but I wonder if my bars are covered? I've had other crashes but only low speed low side in a turn, nothing high speed or that resulted in the bike flipping over. Currently, I'm not riding with them on as a precaution, but I do enjoy the reduced vibration and less soreness when I run these bars. Anyone know of a better way to reach Twisted Engineering, or why they aren't answering? 

Check your pm's

I want to say that I credit these bars from saving my wrists from a broken bone or at the very least from being extremely sore. The incident happened in a race and I was able to finish the moto. These bars cured my issue of having numb hands too. Great product imo. 

1 hour ago, 1gr8bldr said:

They offer a small discount on your next set.

20% discount for all damaged bars. But their bars a listed on the website in all caps as having a "LIFETIME WARRANTY". I've never heard of a 20% lifetime warranty before. Seems misleading. The warranty was part of the reason I was willing to shell out $400 for bars 

5 minutes ago, digarcia1987 said:

20% discount for all damaged bars. But their bars a listed on the website in all caps as having a "LIFETIME WARRANTY". I've never heard of a 20% lifetime warranty before. Seems misleading. The warranty was part of the reason I was willing to shell out $400 for bars 

They may have changed it. When I bought mine, they made it real clear that no warranty existed.

Looks like they have a lifetime warranty on their bars.  For the life of the bars, they will sell you a replacement set for 20% off if you damage the bars.  Kind of misleading when they claim a lifetime warranty.  You have to read the terms of the warranty.

WARRANTY

Twisted Engineering will provide a 20% discount toward the purchase of a new set of handlebars, to the original purchaser against crash related damage, for the lifetime of the handlebars. If you have any kind of hard impact and just want the bars checked out, send them in and we will inspect them for free. All Warranty claims, no matter where the item was purchased, are to be handled directly with Twisted Engineering.

I ran a set with minor damage for nearly a year, they did eventually fail while i was riding, although I am sure several other crashes also contributed to their slow death. When they fail the plastic core and kevlar inner layer do not allow it to "snap" as many who don't know how they are made will insist. However the bar will go quite floppy fairly suddenly which could contribute to a crash if you are going 160 feet to flat haha.

Edited by Wild Alaskan
  • Like 2