Hydration Systems that rock?

hydrationpack

I have a cheapy hydration pack from the local big box store that works (sorta), but I'm wondering whats out there that doesn't ride up in the front when full and doesn't bounce all over the place in rough terrain? Looking for a full day of water (70+  oz?) and enough room left over for a phone, wallet, basic tools, and some snacks. What yalls recommend?

Check out USWE.  I just got the F6 Pro, and it is far and away the best I have ever used.  Has a pretty unique harness system that is very adjustable and has heavy duty elastic in the straps that don't bind when you move.  Plenty of storage and 3 liters of fluid capacity.  It really stays put when you ride.  Highly recommend it.  Only drawback is it isn't priced like a cheaper big box pack, but it's worth it.

Kriega is the bomb. The zippers are ykk, the hose is insulated, it has a harness system which positions the weight better, and the bladder fully opens for easier cleaning and drying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using ThumperTalk mobile app

I have a Thor hydrant. Works great and was pretty cheap. I mostly use it as a back pack but it has s 3L bladder as well

The fly racing xc 70 is awesome i use it in hare scrambles mtb rides hiking and just about everything.

My house brand 3L one from Big 5 works great and was half the price of a Camelbak or similar name brand.  Plenty of storage and carries enough water.  It has pockets to carry a couple more bottles if I want.

just so you guys know, Camelback supports the shutting down of our trails.

anyone else here not like the bladders?  theyre gross, messy, annoying, always break, and require way too much cleaning.  I like to throw a few bottles in my bag, and go from there.  I can hold 1 large powerade (900ml) and two smaller water bottles (500ml each) so I can hold around 2 liters, 2 phones, and a few small hand tools in my mountain bike camelback.... I sure go through it quick.    especially when I gotta share with another rider.  time to upgrade bags. I dont want a bladder, I want large capacity, and a lower strap so it doesnt bounce around.  suggestions?   that USWE F6 looks nice.. 

weve got a long ride planned where we may need to carry a liter or two of fuel... id like to carry 2 liters of fuel, and 4L of water.   how the hell do you carry 6L of liquids?!

Edited by cdf450
2 hours ago, cdf450 said:

Not any more.  They were bought out last year by a corporation that is OHV friendly.  That was pointed out in an earlier thread.

https://www.snewsnet.com/news/camelbak-sold-for-412-5-million

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
23 hours ago, Gflo said:

Check out USWE.  I just got the F6 Pro, and it is far and away the best I have ever used.  Has a pretty unique harness system that is very adjustable and has heavy duty elastic in the straps that don't bind when you move.  Plenty of storage and 3 liters of fluid capacity.  It really stays put when you ride.  Highly recommend it.  Only drawback is it isn't priced like a cheaper big box pack, but it's worth it.

Huh... Never heard of USWE. I'll have to check em' out. Which hydration pack of theirs do you have?

17 hours ago, CR250_182 said:

Kriega is the bomb. The zippers are ykk, the hose is insulated, it has a harness system which positions the weight better, and the bladder fully opens for easier cleaning and drying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using ThumperTalk mobile app

Sounds nice too!

7 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

My house brand 3L one from Big 5 works great and was half the price of a Camelbak or similar name brand.  Plenty of storage and carries enough water.  It has pockets to carry a couple more bottles if I want.

How's the strapping system? Looking for something that doesn't fight you when you ride with it full of water, tools, and other stuff.

Just now, Twowheeladdiction said:

How's the strapping system? Looking for something that doesn't fight you when you ride with it fuel of water, tools, and other stuff.

Works fine for me.  I never carry tools in my pack, though, they're in my tool pouch on my rear fender.

7 hours ago, cdf450 said:

anyone else here not like the bladders?  theyre gross, messy, annoying, always break, and require way too much cleaning.  I like to throw a few bottles in my bag, and go from there.  I can hold 1 large powerade (900ml) and two smaller water bottles (500ml each) so I can hold around 2 liters, 2 phones, and a few small hand tools in my mountain bike camelback.... I sure go through it quick.    especially when I gotta share with another rider.  time to upgrade bags. I dont want a bladder, I want large capacity, and a lower strap so it doesnt bounce around.  suggestions?   that USWE F6 looks nice.. 

weve got a long ride planned where we may need to carry a liter or two of fuel... id like to carry 2 liters of fuel, and 4L of water.   how the hell do you carry 6L of liquids?!

Ya I've actually spoken to a rep from Camel Bak and as cjjeepercreeper posted and as I posted in my conversion etc in another topic about hydration packs, they DO NOT.

Otherwise I have no problems with 3L bladder in my Camel Bak Mule and as a tip for anyone with a bladder, I've started using a cheap plastic hand pump that comes with the cheap air mattresses  to blow out all the water in the tube before drying and works amazing to stop mould etc build up.

Then there looks like some very nice options like the USWE. Kriega etc with high capacity water/storage that weren't available say 3 or 4 years ago when I bought my Camel Bak.

I have the A2 from USWE and all I carry in it is water and a small tow strap. It is 3L and has a baffle system in the center of the bag to keep it from sloshing around in the bladder. Match that with the no dancing monkey 4 point harness system that all connects at a single point over the sternum and you get a top notch functional piece of gear

My buddy just got the leatt off road one. It's pretty damn nice. I just watched a ton of YouTube videos about both the leatt one and the uswe... The uswe is about $20 more expensive. But I think it's wayyyyy better

3 litres and 15L of tool capacity. Perfect for the serous off roader. If you're a track guy or don't go on long rides. Maybe you won't need such a huge one

I am 100% buying the uswe f6. Damn what a nice bag!!! This ol mountain bike camelback from 2005 is about to retire. My riding has gotten way more serious.. I need more water and tools than I did a few years ago!! 100km single track loops are no joke

I switched to the GEIGERRIG, you pressurize, it with there small bladder pump, when you bite the valve it squirts water in your mouth, in a race when your huffing and puffing it's really nice to have water shot in your mouth. 

11 hours ago, cdf450 said:

anyone else here not like the bladders?  theyre gross, messy, annoying, always break, and require way too much cleaning. 

Water from a Camelback tastes like PVC. Not very thirst quenching.

I run a Moose Racing stowage pack on my Fox Airframe with a High Sierra bladder. Bladder opens completely on the top and doesn't make the water taste like it was stolen out of a douche.

20170326_104537.jpg

11 hours ago, cdf450 said:

I am 100% buying the uswe f6. Damn what a nice bag!!! This ol mountain bike camelback from 2005 is about to retire. My riding has gotten way more serious.. I need more water and tools than I did a few years ago!! 100km single track loops are no joke

Don't wait too long if you want the F6 Pro.  I notice RM only has them in the bright lime green, and Motosport says they are out of stock or discontinued.  Revzilla has the black ones, which is what I bought.  It's a great pack, best I have worn in 50 years of riding.

Oh wow. That's good info!! I'll order one sooner than later then

Amazon has them for $121. Like $14 cheaper than rmatv

What do you guys think about keeping the pack filled rather than emptying it and drying it.  I've done that before, just forgot about it and a couple months later its fine.

I don't empty, rinse, and dry mine.  I use filtered water only, and just refill as needed.  Never had a problem.