Ben500RR-S

Is/are there a seal(s), that, if one were to fail . . .

24 posts in this topic

But how many cc's did you drain then from both parts of the engine? I always drain first in a 1L can, so I can always measure any consumption AND double check on the mechanics. Sometimes they accept a phone call during your bike service and a human error is quickly made. So please keep double checking on them, however awesome they seem to be. It's your bike and your live at stake!

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

At this point, I'm giving a huge WTF???  How can the red motor oil, then the green xmission  oil.  I look in the oil sight glass and see there is no oil in it.  Shock and disbelief at what is happening is taking over fast.  'Did the tech drain the engine oil, then by mistake put it into the gearbox?, and not refill the engine sump?'  I also realize that I had ridden the bike for 4-5 miles with NO oil in the engine side.  The bike had been stalling and backfiring but firing up to get me the 1 to 1.5 miles I had ridden away from my house. 

That sounds like the most logical thing that could've happened.

Edited by Danceswithtrees

44 minutes ago, Noppy said:

But how many cc's did you drain then from both parts of the engine? I always drain first in a 1L can, so I can always measure any consumption AND double check on the mechanics. Sometimes they accept a phone call during your bike service and a human error is quickly made. So please keep double checking on them, however awesome they seem to be. It's your bike and your live at stake!

It is hard to say but it seemed that there was a LOT more that had come out of the gearbox and very little had come out of the engine-side.  

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Danceswithtrees said:

That sounds like the most logical thing that could've happened.

Unless a seal had gone bad and had allowed the oil to migrate from the engine side to the clutch side-which apparently did not happen as both sides held their oils, even after having been both run and ridden, it had to have been a mix-up somewhere.  

As long as things are good again and all is right in Beta-land, I'm happy.  

I'll be going riding in the woods tomorrow, after I pick up my skid plate and the 3 bolts as they had forgotten to put it back on and I didn't bother to look for it when I had picked up the bike . . . it's always something, isn't it?  At least the place is on the way to where I'll be riding, even if it is 25 miles from me so it is not too far out of the way at all.