BIG BOTTOM KIT (KTM AND HUSKY)

Anyone on here have any experiance with this big bottom kit? I want to put it on my 2107 500 exc and was wondering if it was worth it or not. Any 2 cents would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 6.13.42 PM.png

Ive wondered why a big bottom kit is needed for the 500.  It has very strong , and smooth bottom end, if fueled right , and anytime you change exhaust flow to gain lower end, its going to negatively effect somewhere up higher.

I know one guy that was getting his ecu remapped by a ktm dealer, and they told him to take the big bottom crap off, for his tune.

I don't get it another gimmick ? my 500 has the ECU from Vortex and all the smoggy crap deleted with a FMF slip-on making big ponies all through the power band

On the 2017, the big problem is it's corked up and lean.  Remove the restrictions, get a new map, piggy back tuner such as the JD, or vortex ECU if you can afford it, tweak the TPS and that should make a very big difference.  

Edited by sirthumpalot
3 hours ago, eddiemundster said:

Anyone on here have any experiance with this big bottom kit? I want to put it on my 2107 500 exc and was wondering if it was worth it or not. Any 2 cents would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 6.13.42 PM.png

💩💩

Skip that and buy the vortex. It really wakes the bike up. My air box hasn't collapsed yet and I ring the piss out of the throttle on some climbs. 

12 hours ago, sirthumpalot said:

On the 2017, the big problem is it's corked up and lean.  Remove the restrictions, get a new map, piggy back tuner such as the JD, or vortex ECU if you can afford it, tweak the TPS and that should make a very big difference.  

I haven't de-smog'd yet, I have an FMF on there and a JD tuner but still get lots a backfire and shut offs at low speeds. I am thinking about the vortex but would hate to waste money if I can get similar results from my current setup 

3 minutes ago, eddiemundster said:

I haven't de-smog'd yet, I have an FMF on there and a JD tuner but still get lots a backfire and shut offs at low speeds. I am thinking about the vortex but would hate to waste money if I can get similar results from my current setup 

Guess you need to dial in your Tuner settings to get it sorted out.  I have all my smog stuff attached still.  do you have the reeds removed from the air box? I wouldn't desmog it or pull the reed until you get the tune right as it will compound your problem. I have a euro flash ecu and my bike ran good until I took the reeds out.  then it changed a bit.  I ended up getting the vortex and it took the bike to a new level.  I really like this bike now.  The JD tuner should be able to dial you in though.  

12 hours ago, xrbrp said:

Skip that and buy the vortex. It really wakes the bike up. My air box hasn't collapsed yet and I ring the piss out of the throttle on some climbs. 

Are you saying that you pulled your reeds and didn't put anything in the hole they came out of and it's fine?

24 minutes ago, xrbrp said:

Guess you need to dial in your Tuner settings to get it sorted out.  I have all my smog stuff attached still.  do you have the reeds removed from the air box? I wouldn't desmog it or pull the reed until you get the tune right as it will compound your problem. I have a euro flash ecu and my bike ran good until I took the reeds out.  then it changed a bit.  I ended up getting the vortex and it took the bike to a new level.  I really like this bike now.  The JD tuner should be able to dial you in though.  

I still have my reeds in. Looks like I have to call the guys and JD jetting to help me out with this.

The JD tuner should be able to get you really close, then dial in the TPS to clean up the bottom (flameouts, etc..).  Maybe talk to JD to see if they can help you get close with the tuner settings. 

Yup email JD likely you need to pull the reeds out. Decel poping on a four stroke is not a big deal. However having flame outs is a pain in the arse. 

The Vortex runs excellent with the crap removed. 

So you think a big bore kit will fix a tuning issue you already have?
40 minutes ago, mattwhidden said:

So you think a big bore kit will fix a tuning issue you already have?

Not Vertex. Vortex ignition. 

can i pull my reeds without putting anything in there?

1 hour ago, eddiemundster said:

Yes

17 hours ago, stevethe said:

Not Vertex. Vortex ignition. 

Did you end up switching yours to these settings?  I am running 5,5,7-1.  It came with the settings in your photo though. did you try the other settings first? 

Just now, xrbrp said:

Did you end up switching yours to these settings?  I am running 5,5,7-1.  It came with the settings in your photo though. did you try the other settings first? 

No that picture is Vortex #2 that my son ordered for his bike and that's the way it came. 

I may try those settings. 

1 minute ago, stevethe said:

No that picture is Vortex #2 that my son ordered for his bike and that's the way it came. 

I may try those settings. 

I'm switching mine to 6 before I ride this weekend.  I put the SX exhaust can off a 450  on mine and it is pretty good.  I was told with the reeds out and Open exhaust the #6 setting would be best.  

On 8/8/2017 at 9:12 PM, eddiemundster said:

i pulled the reeds, OH MY GOD!!! If anyone has this bike and hasn't pulled the reeds you have no idea what your missing out on.