SinR1

RPM's won't come down

23 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, mortimersmythe said:

I saw this thread the other day and didn't read it...

I installed a Scott's using a submount today and took the bike out this afternoon. While riding at a super slow speed the engine started revving on its own and I immediately hit the kill switch. Damn, I shoulda read that thread... Happened again and then a third time. Each time I hit the kill switch, got off the bike and looked everything over. Once I started it again up the problem went away. When it happened a fourth time I saw what was going on, maybe you can tell from this picture...
IMG_3295.JPG

Yup, the Scott's was grabbing the throttle cable. Felt kinda dumb.

Anyways, for the OP: good luck and let us know what you find...

One of the first things I checked. Even took off the cover where the cable attaches to the TPS just to be sure.

On 8/10/2017 at 2:53 PM, mtngoat said:

I had this issue and it was something different that what everyone else has mentioned. My error at about the same amount of hours as you have on yours.

After servicing the air filter I didn't get it seated back down completely in the air box. It looked good from the side that you put it in on, but the opposite side hadn't seated properly. Dirt got into the intake and coated one of the sensors in there so it couldn't do its job properly.  Once everything got properly cleaned and air filter got put in properly, the dealer did a reprogram on it and it's been good ever since.

I now take the seat off when I put the air filter back in to make sure it has seated all the way around.

Do you know what sensor was cleaned and where it was? 

Sorry, dealer took care of it. That is the info passed down to me from them. Very trustworthy dealer. They sponsor many racers in the area and go the extra mile to take care of the regular guys too.