New clutch

I'm ordering a Barnett , kevlar or carbon fiber ?  Trail riding , Thanks 

I'd go stock and only replace what was out of service limits.

6 minutes ago, William1 said:

I'd go stock and only replace what was out of service limits.

Ok for stock , but all plates and springs are inside service limit , no warping , it's only slipping in 4 and 5 gear , was told plates could be contaminated , so changing everything . thanks

If the parts are within limits, the clutch should be fine. You had the springs tested for tension (and not just free length)?

It is pretty hard to 'contaminate' the plates unless you put really the wrong kind of oil in the bike.

12 minutes ago, William1 said:

If the parts are within limits, the clutch should be fine. You had the springs tested for tension (and not just free length)?

It is pretty hard to 'contaminate' the plates unless you put really the wrong kind of oil in the bike.

Only free length , no tool to test tension , maybe only change springs for now . Earlier this year i got stock in fifth gear , had to ride 5 miles in city to get home , maybe burned oil from slipping clutch contaminated the plates .

10 hours ago, habs said:

Only free length , no tool to test tension , maybe only change springs for now . Earlier this year i got stock in fifth gear , had to ride 5 miles in city to get home , maybe burned oil from slipping clutch contaminated the plates .

You slipped the clutch the entire way? I'd like to see a picture of the clutch steels.

Slipping only on stops and red light , plates are  little blue /brown colored , no picture . William , do you have numbers for tension testing the springs  ? can not find anything in Klymer .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now