Just got 2 Yamaha yz 250s

I traded my 01 ttr125L for 2 1989 yz250 I checked the vin on one and it is a 89 the other has to much paint so I couldn't tell the one was a parts bike but there is enough parts to have two complete bikes they said the motor lost second gear the motor is apart i can shift gears but second on up it won't make a full revolution there is three motors total so hopefully I can make two live again so what I'm asking is do you think I made a good deal anyone know things about these bikes I should know are they good bikes any common problems I should look for anything I should know Before pulling motors apart I'm planning to restore both bikes and make them rip again IMG_1449.JPGIMG_1450.JPGIMG_1451.JPGIMG_1452.JPGIMG_1453.JPG

Still have a few things to work out like chain guard carburetor but I had it running seems good except it doesn't go into 2 and 3 gears I think there is something wrong with the shifting fork IMG_1528.jpgIMG_1529.jpgIMG_1530.jpgIMG_1531.jpg

• Like 1

[url=https://thumpertalk.com/uploads/monthly_2017_09/

Still a bunch of things to fix and finish a work in progress but does run and drive I'm probably going to stop posting on this thread

Why? I for one like to see it

• Like 1