What else could it be?

I have a high mileage drz400s that was in good shape. While riding a trail I blew a fuse after repeatedly blowing 20a fuses I put in a 30a and instantly fried my wiring harness, ignition, and starter/kill switch. I have replace wiring harness, starter kill switch, ignition cannot find any other wiring damage obviously it's not associated with the wiring harness as I have replaced it. thinking it must be something other than the harness. I cannot find any visible damage to remaining wiring. 

Any ideas? What would u check next?

I have unplugged my blinkers, headlight tail light, traced all wiring for damage. Replaced wiring harness. Still blows fuse the second I turn key to on.

Congratulations on learning an important lesson - never replace a fuse/breaker that is continuously opening with a larger value fuse/breaker. It creates smoke, then fire.

You have a dead short somewhere. Perform a continuity test on every connector and every load. I would start at the ignition switch because that's where all of the electrical power in the harness begins.

Edited by Gary in NJ
  • Like 1