12 minutes ago, half throttle said:

I bought 2018 ktm 500 only 38 miles to a tank of fuel

That's like 16.5 MPG.  Something isn't right somewhere...

Yup, my light came on at 105 miles this past week, made it another 5 to the gas station too, 14' 500exc geared 14/50. You should get AT LEAST 80 per tank assuming you weren't in a race. 

• Like 1

Isle of Man full throttle for 38 miles, one lap  that's about right.

Edited by motf
  • Like 1

Don't even sweat it until you get some time on it with real oil.  Most of us get 50 mpg and more with non-ethanol fuel. 

20 minutes ago, Burnrider said:

... Most of us get 50 mpg and more with non-ethanol fuel. 

That's what I'm getting as well.  

I ONLY use ethanol laced fuel if I'm out on the road, and I roll up to the pump, and they have NO non-ethanol options.  I try to avoid that stuff like the plague in my bike.  I bet that I have only had to do that twice in 5000 miles, and I hated it both times...

Even bone stock with poor fueling, best I got while pushing to the gas station was 92 miles on a tank.

Typically I get about 87 mile to a tank remapped. But heading to the station well before that.

Yup, my light came on at 105 miles this past week, made it another 5 to the gas station too, 14' 500exc geared 14/50. You should get AT LEAST 80 per tank assuming you weren't in a race. 

60m/g here, no sweat. Euro bike. 

Edited by blackSP

I have a 16 EXC 500 and last weekend my fuel light came on @ 74 miles, my buddies made it 90 miles. I though my was bad. My gearing is 14/52

You have a low fuel light?? Never got far enough to see if I had one of those.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, side-burn said:

You have a low fuel light?? Never got far enough to see if I had one of those.

sure there is warning light, I have managed to ride with this light on for 2 hours :) or so and run out of fuel  :(

My wife had to drive to me with tank of gas.

2017 exc 500f  14/50 gearing, I am a short shifter, measured several times , knobbies front and rear, polutition equipment removed, ktm  euro map before it was blocked by ktm, exhaust end cap screens removed from stock exhaust, 65 to 70 miles when reserve light goes on then 5 miles till empty, yeah my reserve only gets me 5 miles.

3 hours ago, shampoochie said:

2017 exc 500f  14/50 gearing, I am a short shifter, measured several times , knobbies front and rear, polutition equipment removed, ktm  euro map before it was blocked by ktm, exhaust end cap screens removed from stock exhaust, 65 to 70 miles when reserve light goes on then 5 miles till empty, yeah my reserve only gets me 5 miles.

5 miles to empty is not good. 😕

17 500 here and I'm at 80 miles and haven't seen the low fuel light yet. Desmogged and Blais tuned.