Kickstand / side stand bushing

My kickstand is getting quite a bit of wobble.  I figured out that the bolt that goes through the kickstand is fine, but the metal part of the dirt bike frame, where the bolt passes through, is getting worn out.  What do guys do to fix this?  Drill it out and put a bushing of some kind in there?  I appreciate any tips.  Thanks.

Edited by cachunko

I wish I could help as my kickstand has the same issue as yours.  

The bushing is a good if not great, idea.  The bolt wearing/egging out the frame tang for the kickstand bolt is NOT a good thing for us who rely on the kickstand had have the RS/RR-S.  

Some bikes (looks like KTM) comes with a replaceable bushing in there.  I think that's what I need.  I'm thinking something like this?  Drill it out, put in a steel bushing, and call it a day.  Replace the bushing as needed.  I found these bushings on amazon.

51MnIQw9KEL._SL1100_.jpg

I find the issue to be the 'slot' in the kickstand itself, spreading. 

I just ignore it. 

3 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

I find the issue to be the 'slot' in the kickstand itself, spreading. 

I just ignore it. 

That's what I figured it would be too.  But it definitely isn't.  It's definitely the tab that's welded on to the frame.  I agree.  If it was the kick stand I probably wouldn't care so much.  But I don't want the hole in the frame to wear out.  It will be easier to fix it now rather than later.

6 hours ago, cachunko said:

That's what I figured it would be too.  But it definitely isn't.  It's definitely the tab that's welded on to the frame.  I agree.  If it was the kick stand I probably wouldn't care so much.  But I don't want the hole in the frame to wear out.  It will be easier to fix it now rather than later.

OK then. Figure it out, post up the step by step solution with pictures, and you will get a 'like' shower.

Good thread.  I've tried to repair my kickstand on my older Beta a couple times now... thought it was the 'slot'/fork in the kickstand spreading, so put it in a vise and gently squeezed it back together, but that didnt' really help.  Didn't really think about the actual through hole getting widened and sloppy.  Giv'er a try and report back, please. 

13 hours ago, cachunko said:

My kickstand is getting quite a bit of wobble.  I figured out that the bolt that goes through the kickstand is fine, but the metal part of the dirt bike frame, where the bolt passes through, is getting worn out.  What do guys do to fix this?  Drill it out and put a bushing of some kind in there?  I appreciate any tips.  Thanks.

What year/model is your bike?

FYI, listing what year and model you have in your signature helps others in helping with issues such as this :thumbsup: 

Good call. It's a 15 300rr.

3 hours ago, mtnmanseth said:

Good thread.  I've tried to repair my kickstand on my older Beta a couple times now... thought it was the 'slot'/fork in the kickstand spreading, so put it in a vise and gently squeezed it back together, but that didnt' really help.  Didn't really think about the actual through hole getting widened and sloppy.  Giv'er a try and report back, please. 

Here is what another user directed me to. I ordered the bushings today. 

http://www.betarider.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1357&hilit=bushing

9 hours ago, THE KRAN said:

BUSHING   https://www.mcmaster.com/#6679k35/=18uy4ak

OPEN UP THE OPENING          ream out the hole to .4700" (just a touch under 12mm)

Oh, let the "like" shower begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the beauty of forums, so much good and helpful information.