Tire suggestions...What do you like, hate???

I ride a 2009 YZ450F that about the only thing stock on it is the frame, fork tubes and engine cases. It's setup specifically for me and for woods riding/racing, although I do a little MX now and again for fun, exercise and something different.

I need a new set of tires, so let me hear what you like and suggest or adamantly say to avoid.

Btw, I'm very familiar with all branda and tbeir products, I was a parts mangr and worked in the industry a number of years, but I want to hear real world reviews from peool who have used the tires.

I also have never ran a trials/hybrid tire on the rear like some woods riders/racers like to do. For one I live in NC and there are a lot of rocks and roots to rip and chunk a soft tire and the terrain is very varied, plus we have a fair amount of red mud and those tires tend not to clear mud well, but if you are a strong believer in running one let me know why and I'll certainly read it and consider.

I appreciate all feedback and loom forward to reading the responses and using the info to make a real world informed decision.

Thanks

Sent from my VS995 using ThumperTalk mobile app

I failed to mention that I also have aftermarket wheels and run an 18" rear as most in woods/trails do.

I prefer a 120/100-18

I have considered running a 120/90-18 or 110/100-18, but prefer a 120/100, not opposed to even a 130

Edited by dirtdude723

I previously ran a 110-100-18 Bridgestone Battlecross X30 on my 06 YZ450 which was  great tire. It had great traction everywhere except deep mud, seemed to get packed in a little and wouldn't clean out with out spinning the tire quickly. 

I just installed a set of MX52s and I am taking my first ride on them this weekend so I will know more after this ride. I also got the 100-100-18 for the MX52. 

How well does the 120 fit on your bike? I already have a tough time getting the 110 passed the brake caliper when installing the rear wheel so I always shyed away from the 120 due to concerns in that area.