The bike rips no problems except that it idles like super super high when I cold start but after it warms up maybe 85 degree weather there is no idle, as in that I have to rev it to keep it going so is that rich Or lean

Sent from my SM-G930T using ThumperTalk mobile app

The pilot jet is where I would start out to trouble shoot this.  On a cold start you are overwhelming the pilot jet with the enriching circuit.  You might be able to start it up when it is hot with the enriching circuit engaged.  That would tell you for sure that the pilot circuit is plugged and not working.

No like it runs and never didnt start it just idles high when cold and I have to rev it to keep it running when hot, just trying to figure out weather I should go bigger or smaller on the pilot jet

Well, if you rode the bike a few minutes to get it hot and then got a faster idle at 3 turns out vs 1 turn out, then the pilot is too big and the mixture is too rich at idle...once past 2 1/2 turns out, go to smaller pilot.

When its cold...your engine likes the rich condition and idles well, but warmed up, it's too rich and wont idle...are you getting an oily black plug after letting it idle?

• Like 1

Well, if you rode the bike a few minutes to get it hot and then got a faster idle at 3 turns out vs 1 turn out, then the pilot is too big and the mixture is too rich at idle...once past 2 1/2 turns out, go to smaller pilot.
When its cold...your engine likes the rich condition and idles well, but warmed up, it's too rich and wont idle...are you getting an oily black plug after letting it idle?

I mean it idles like super high when cold, like to the point it makes me cringe some time but if I ride for a good 5-10 mins it like doesn't want to idle still riosnand rides fine. But so I should try smaller?

Have you tried adjusting the air screw when the engine is hot?

I would ride it, let it warm up well. Keep it running by blipping the throttle at idle and then turn up the idle speed screw so it will idle. Slowly turn the fuel screw in til it is seated and then back out to 3 turns. If it idles faster at 2 1/2 than 1/2 turns out, then your pilot is too big. If there is not much change, your pilot may be too big...does that make sense?

Once the pilot is jetted correctly, you can turn the idle speed back down, so it doesn't scream when you start it cold on the choke.

Jetted correctly, it should start with 1 or 2 kicks with the choke on when the engine is cold and 1 kick when the engine is warm with no choke.

I would ride it, let it warm up well. Keep it running by blipping the throttle at idle and then turn up the idle speed screw so it will idle. Slowly turn the fuel screw in til it is seated and then back out to 3 turns. If it idles faster at 2 1/2 than 1/2 turns out, then your pilot is too big. If there is not much change, your pilot may be too big...does that make sense?
Once the pilot is jetted correctly, you can turn the idle speed back down, so it doesn't scream when you start it cold on the choke.
Jetted correctly, it should start with 1 or 2 kicks with the choke on when the engine is cold and 1 kick when the engine is warm with no choke.

It always starts was just wondering what the racing of the engine was about when cold

do you start it with the choke on when cold? does having the choke on cold make it easier or harder to start? does the choke have any effect on the cold racing?

Could be as simple as...your idle screw is in too far...your bike runs great when you start it cold on the enrichment circuit, so it idles too high...idle screw needs to come out a bit.

....but wont idle when warm off choke because pilot circuit is wrong...jetted correctly..It will idle warm, even with idle screw turned out.

just guessing...

Could be someone turned in idle screw when warm to get it to idle warm...but, that made it too far in for cold w choke...so it races...

I used to have a bike that did that...took it to my first race as a Novice at an MX track. The regulars look over to check out the new guy and his gear. I fire up my bike and it just screams! I had to hit the kill switch. At that point, they knew they didn't have to worry 'bout me....I'm running a leaner pilot, now.

do you start it with the choke on when cold? does having the choke on cold make it easier or harder to start? does the choke have any effect on the cold racing?
Could be as simple as...your idle screw is in too far...your bike runs great when you start it cold on the enrichment circuit, so it idles too high...idle screw needs to come out a bit.
....but wont idle when warm off choke because pilot circuit is wrong...jetted correctly..It will idle warm, even with idle screw turned out.
just guessing...
Could be someone turned in idle screw when warm to get it to idle warm...but, that made it too far in for cold w choke...so it races...
I used to have a bike that did that...took it to my first race as a Novice at an MX track. The regulars look over to check out the new guy and his gear. I fire up my bike and it just screams! I had to hit the kill switch. At that point, they knew they didn't have to worry 'bout me....I'm running a leaner pilot, now.

Yes I start it with the choke but the moment it fires, I turn it off because it races even more.

Sounds consistent...just need to get your Pilot circuit jetted correctly so it will idle warm and you can turn out the idle speed screw so it doesnt race cold...

On 8/17/2017 at 2:06 PM, 2jokerforlife said:

It always starts was just wondering what the racing of the engine was about when cold

You have to work both the idle speed screw (throttle slide stop) and the air-fuel mixture screw to get the idle correct when the bike is warmed up and the "choke" is dis-engaged.  The bike should go to a high idle when cold with the "choke" engaged, but it should not be super high.  If it seems too high to you back out the idle speed screw (throttle slide stop) until the idle drops to a reasonable level.  Start with that and then go to work on the air/fuel mixture screw after the engine has warmed up.