ticket for riding dual sport through a park or offroad grass area?

I know its prob illegal to ride a dual sport through a non motorcycle park, beach, or just any foresty area of dirt in CA ....

Just wondering what would be the actually punishment for doing so?  its hard to find an answer on google

Anyone have experience?

Edited by horrorfan

Maybe if you post it a few more times ?  

==================================

I've got the same problem...  different subject...  Google is no help...  trying to figure out if I rob a liquor store but only take beer...  no cash...  and NO GUN used in the robbery...  what can that set me back if I'm caught ?  Anyone ?  :excuseme:

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Maybe if you post it a few more times ?  

you want me to post the same question more times ..why?

12 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

I've got the same problem...  different subject...  Google is no help...  trying to figure out if I rob a liquor store but only take beer...  no cash...  and NO GUN used in the robbery...  what can that set me back if I'm caught ?  Anyone ?  :excuseme:

...dont see what the problem is. Its a legitimate question. I would just like to know the penalty for this action ... just like the penalties studied and provided to us by the DMV before you get your license. 

basically what you're saying is because its illegal (something are not allowed to do) ...its stupid to ask what the consequence is since were not suppose to be doing it.

thanks for your reply. 

9 minutes ago, still2smokin said:

Maybe ask a cop .

okay thanks. Maybe ill try tomorrow when I'm away from the computer (a machine that in modern day as the capability of providing extensive information on a large number of subjects) ...because nows not really the time to get up out of my bed and ask cops about laws/penalities they prob don't even remember.

thanks for your suggesting but the point of the internet is to replace certain efforts of life. (thats what I believe anyways)

Edited by horrorfan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, horrorfan said:

I know its prob illegal to ride a dual sport through a non motorcycle park, beach, or just any foresty area of dirt in CA ....

Just wondering what would be the actually punishment for doing so?  its hard to find an answer on google

Anyone have experience?

There is no penalty for doing it...only a penalty for getting caught.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cobra46 said:

There is no penalty for doing it...only a penalty for getting caught.

...I thought that was implied with the word "penalty"

do you really think I'm asking what is the ticket/fine and punishment you receive if you don't get caught?

Edited by horrorfan

18 minutes ago, horrorfan said:

Anyone have experience?

Penalties for traveling off designated routes or in closed areas could be up to $5,000 in fines and/or up to 6 months in jail.

Found that on a Forest Service publication which was my recollection as well.

I would bet the penalties are different for each type of prohibited area.

I always thought it would be fun to rip up a golf course.  There's a YouTube video of some dudes doing just that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, horrorfan said:

...I thought that was implied with the word "penalty"

do you really think I'm asking what is the ticket/fine and punishment you receive if you don't get caught?

Just busting your balls like a few buds wrenching on dirt bikes with a couple beers.  We like to have fun around here.

9 minutes ago, horrorfan said:

you want me to post the same question more times ..why?

...dont see what the problem is. Its a legitimate question. I would just like to know the penalty for this action ... just like the penalties studied and provided to us by the DMV before you get your license. 

basically what you're saying is because its illegal (something are not allowed to do) ...its stupid to ask what the consequence is since were not suppose to be doing it.

thanks for your reply. 

okay thanks. Maybe ill try tomorrow when I'm away from the computer (a machine that in modern day as the capability of providing extensive information on a large number of subjects) ...because nows not really the time to get up out of my bed and ask cops about laws/penalities they prob don't even remember.

thanks for your suggesting but the point of the internet is to replace certain efforts of life. (thats what I believe anyways)

Or look harder https://www.reddit.com/r/AskLEO/  .  Or just continue to be a dumbass . 

• Like 2

Penalties for traveling off designated routes or in closed areas could be up to $5,000 in fines and/or up to 6 months in jail.

Found that on a Forest Service publication which was my recollection as well.

I would bet the penalties are different for each type of prohibited area.

I always thought it would be fun to rip up a golf course.  There's a YouTube video of some dudes doing just that.

that sounds about right ... Seems like it might be more for bigger state parks though.

When I first asked I was wondering more about what if I cut through some grassy patch to get to another road for example. 

Hmmm. Why? Because we get these questions all the time. " hey I want to do something illegal. Do you think I will get in trouble? How much trouble?"

Or " how EXACTLY do I circumvent California law and register a 2017 Yz125 for street use"

We understand how computers work and we know that state employees and LEO post on here to get info

Just busting your balls like a few buds wrenching on dirt bikes with a couple beers.  We like to have fun around here.

thanks sorry .. I just got a little heat from the last two comments. 

• Like 1

Just now, ERIO said:

Hmmm. Why? Because we get these questions all the time. " hey I want to do something illegal. Do you think I will get in trouble? How much trouble?"

Or " how EXACTLY do I circumvent California law and register a 2017 Yz125 for street use"

We understand how computers work and we know that state employees and LEO post on here to get info

where did I say "hey I want to do something illegal" ...  "how much trouble?"

Im asking because I understand most of the laws ... Im learning more about the laws for motorcycles ... and I'm unclear about this one. 

legitimate question ... if you think "your to good for it" &%$#@! off.

1 minute ago, horrorfan said:

that sounds about right ... Seems like it might be more for bigger state parks though.

When I first asked I was wondering more about what if I cut through some grassy patch to get to another road for example. 

I would say that would largely depend on what kind of land you're cutting across.  In a lot of cases, it could simply be trespassing.

The penalties I cited above refer to forest lands riding on other than a designated trail.  Unfortuantely, our government, in many cases, has said that it is illegal to ride anywhere other than trail/routes that are explicitly designated on the MVUM.

2 minutes ago, horrorfan said:

Im asking because I understand most of the laws ... Im learning more about the laws for motorcycles ... and I'm unclear about this one. 

Do you think it would be any different than driving a car through a park ?  Somehow slightly less illegal ?   

Derp derp derppy derp. 

5 minutes ago, still2smokin said:

Do you think it would be any different than driving a car through a park ?  Somehow slightly less illegal ?   

Derp derp derppy derp. 

I think your stubbornly stuck on the assumption you three created about this thread.. and can't reply without trying to insult it.

no I don't think its any different (what does that have to do with anything)

do I think its slightly less illegal (why does that matter, that has nothing to do with why I'm asking)

"derp derp derppy derby"

not even sure what that means but okay... tell me specific law for driving a car through a small dirt path (maybe about 4 feet long) (3 feet wide)...

OHHHH your not driving a smart car ...it doesn't fit (WOW I guess it is different in a way)

Edited by horrorfan

Anyone have experience?

You literally said it is probably illegal, what is the punishment......

Whatever, I seriously don't give a &%$#@!. Go ride your new "dual sport " around some playground.

Your the one talking to people like a smartass .  Telling me what the internet is for ......well I gave you a link use it or learn to search better .  

I don't know the answer as I don't need to know it .....hence why I tried to point you in the direction where you might be able to find an answer to your question . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, still2smokin said:

......well I gave you a link use it or learn to search better .  

I don't know the answer as I don't need to know it .....hence why I tried to point you in the direction where you might be able to find an answer to your question . 

"you don't need to know it" ... theres a lot of laws you don't need to know but the DMV teaches you them and has you study them.

This is another one id like to know being a motorcyclist and all... if you don't like that I want to know it then go some where else...plan an simple.

and "you don't know it"... thats exactly my point ...the only thing you contributed to this thread was your opinion that you don't like the thread.

29 minutes ago, still2smokin said:

Your the one talking to people like a smartass 

first you say I'm a dumbass now you say I'm a smartass... I'm sorry my attitude is not good enough for you when you come to my thread and insult me and my question based off this false assumption you are stubbornly all clinging to

I'm sorry you thought I was acting like a "smartass" when you told me "go ask a cop".

because thats completely what forums are for...telling people to go some where else...hey next time when someone asks me how to tune there carb I should tell them "go get a service manual". or if someone has an issue with there bike I should tell them go pay for a mechanics.

Edited by horrorfan

34 minutes ago, ERIO said:

You literally said it is probably illegal, what is the punishment......

Whatever, I seriously don't give a &%$#@!. Go ride your new "dual sport " around some playground.

you're still just assuming that thats why I'm asking... and all three of you are wrong but don't want to believe otherwise.

haha 

why don't you try reading your comment again "You literally said it is probably illegal, what is the punishment......"

yes all I asked was..  what is the punishment for riding a motorcycle illegal through a park, beach, or dirt path ..etc.

not that I want to do it , not that I am planning on doing it, not that Im asking because I want to know how much trouble I will get into

so ill clear it up for you even though I already did....to know what are the laws on this specific matter because it did not say anything about it when I was getting my license.

Edited by horrorfan