Asking for Selling Suggestions

Hello.  After I get my muffler clamp that I ordered, I'm planning to help my son sell his 2009 KX250F. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best place to advertise the sale of this bike so the highest number of Kawasaki fans and/or the highest number of dirt bike fans will see it?  I live in Pennsylvania.  The only thing I currently know of is CycleTrader.com.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

I sell all my bikes on facebook.

If you have facebook join the groups called "Pa quad and bike trader", atv, utv, dirtbike for sale or trade PA".

Those are the popular ones I use. Also, craigslist or if youre in the 814 area code you can use "pennswoods classifieds".

good luck

Thank for replying!  I THINK I have Craigslist, but I've never been on it.  I think I'm going to go the Facebook route... I just became a member of Facebook about 1 week ago.  Thanks again for the advice, I really appreciate it!

Thank for replying!  I THINK I have Craigslist, but I've never been on it.  I think I'm going to go the Facebook route... I just became a member of Facebook about 1 week ago.  Thanks again for the advice, I really appreciate it!

Omg, never been on Craigslist? WHAT DO YOU DO WITH ALL YOUR MONEY?

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 3

Thanks Hudson for the advice.  I do my best to be VERY careful with info. on the computer.  I am in law enforcement, so I know all too well about people preying on people who tell their entire life story via the internet.  

Heavy Rotation... I do what every wise person does with all of their money.  I have several thousand dollars buried in mason jars in my backyard.  I have a small stash stuffed in my mattress also.  It's hard to dig up mason jars in the winter in the event I have the urge to go on a spending spree (with a limit of $75).

• Like 2

On 8/14/2017 at 3:50 PM, Lanky Amateur said:

Heavy Rotation... I do what every wise person does with all of their money.  I have several thousand dollars buried in mason jars in my backyard.  I have a small stash stuffed in my mattress also.  It's hard to dig up mason jars in the winter in the event I have the urge to go on a spending spree (with a limit of $75).

Financial planning for hillbillies. :)

• Like 1

If you live near any major city, I think Craigslist is your best bet. But theres a slight learning curve to selling on there. 

1) You will have to weed out the scammers. They are easy to spot because they will text you from out of State phone numbers and start talking about payments and offering to buy the bike unseen and start talking about Paypal payments or Western Union. Ignore anyone who does not want to come see it and be suspicious of out of state phone numbers with area codes not near your area. These people are not even in the US, they are trying to get you to wire THEM money. They will also offer to send you a check (fake check) for more than the asking amount, then ask if you can wire the overpayment back to them. Do not accept any of these deals. Only take cash, and in person.

2) Craigslist Hunters. These are people who crawl craigslist and try to buy expensive items for dirt cheap so they can resell for a profit. They are legit, but a waste of your time and will throw you a lowball offer. Text back and fouth with potential buys and you can get a feel if they are serious or they are just going to lowball you. 

3) LOTS LOTS LOTS of dirtbike thieves out there. Dont do any deal at your house, (police parking lot is where I do mine) and NO TEST RIDES. If they want to see that it runs, YOU demonstrate for them. They can ride it when they pay for it. Motorcycle dealers dont do test rides and neither should you. 

Rockinar, thanks for the abundance of information regarding Craigslist.  I was wondering about how I would do the test ride thing if I get an interested buyer.  I was concerned that I may never see them again if I allow them to take a test ride.  

42 minutes ago, Lanky Amateur said:

Rockinar, thanks for the abundance of information regarding Craigslist.  I was wondering about how I would do the test ride thing if I get an interested buyer.  I was concerned that I may never see them again if I allow them to take a test ride.  

Happened to me on my GT BMX bike when I was 14.... 1985. &%$#@! said he was interested in buying and took "it for a spin." Never saw him again but mall security saw the thug on my tricked out bike and confiscated it thinking something was up. I reported the frame number to the police when it was stolen and I got it back. :banana:

Before I unload a bike out of my truck for someone to inspect the cash is in my HANDS first.