yamaha TW 200 scrambler build

Ok just bought a tw200 2007. Have a few mods that I plan on making, turning her into a scrambler/tracker, would love any suggestions or tips. 

Chopping the frame (any suggestions?)

New tank (thinking xt 500 1977)

new flat styled seat (custom made)

new swing arm (open to any suggestions) don't like the extended japanese look but would like to fit a more modern mx look, even if that means losing the fat tire.

front fork 

air filter 

new front and back fenders (custom made)

New exhaust (have the header pipe from xr 225 stainless steel but need the rest) mid pipe and muffler. Help!!!

Smaller Battery to make easier to hide but need enough power to run everything. Help!!!

Headlight

I'll be removing all the plastics...

I will be selling mostly all the parts off my bike. 

IMG_0022.JPG

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

Hows the build going?  As far as swapping forks, check out this website.  They make bearings that allow you to run different steering stems in that frame.  So you can bolt on triple clamps and their associated forks when you get the right sized conversion bearings.  http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconversion

Wow man thx for this, I'm in florida so the hurricane set me back a lil but this message got me motivated to keep going. For now I put a new exhaust and got her running. Ill post pics as soon as I get a chance. Thx for this I really want put a nice modern front end to go with the vintage look. I think it looks sick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, loosechange said:

Wow man thx for this, I'm in florida so the hurricane set me back a lil but this message got me motivated to keep going. For now I put a new exhaust and got her running. Ill post pics as soon as I get a chance. Thx for this I really want put a nice modern front end to go with the vintage look. I think it looks sick.

Yeah I'm glad to help!  You can find cheap modern looking front ends on ebay all day long.  I also went on craigslist and found the forks and triple clamps from a 1996 yz125 for $140 last week.  Came with complete front braking system, and the front wheel with a decent tire on it.  So the good low budget deals are out there.